Saturday, August 6, 2011

Calling My Name

I have to say that my Studio Calico kit has been calling my name to come and play.  What is it with me when I get a kit?  I just feel that I need to scrap continuously until I totally devour it.  It is so weird because I am not like this when I buy a full line of paper.

Needless to say, I scrapped the afternoon away.  Just a few breaks to eat and have a quick stroll with Rob and the pups.  I was really happy to scrap some snap shots of when we all went to our heritage park last month.

This first LO features Susan and her eldest son, Matt.  I dug out some Sassafrass stickers and layered them up.  Also pulled out the twine.  I love the look of twine wrapped around photos.  Loving these funky alphas!  I would never think to buy these and yet getting them in the kit, I love them!!


Here is the sketch I used.  It is from The Scrappiest.


I had lots of fun pulling out bits and pieces from the stash to work with the papers from the kit for this LO!  Great to use up some things that have been hanging around for awhile.  I actually stamped on this LO!  Shocking!


The sketch is designed by Jana Eubank.  I'm not sure if I have used this sketch before.  That is the great thing about sketches, you can use the same sketch and get a totally different result!


I have one more LO that I did using the kit.  I will share it on Monday, as it is for the next sketch at The Scrappiest.  So boo to the kit being done but, the good news is that the August kit, "Boardwalk" is due to be delivered on Tuesday!!  There has been a lot of scrappy buying going on around here and the CHA stuff isn't even out yet.  I'm a case!  ;)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Nice LOs and lots of fun details. Yay to stamping on a LO! You're getting brave. It was a fun day but I think two years in a row is enough for me for a while. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous!!! LOVE them both - you are making me want to break out my SC and scrap girl!!! I did just get the new one before we left but we are at the beach for the weekend - no scrapping for me :) I did just play with some new Authentique papers this week & will post today or tomorrow - have you tried those yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are wonderful!!! I love all the layers and the twine!! I am going to have to give that one a try. I love the sewing on the pages too. I need to break out my machine. Need to clean and find someplace in my scrap room that I can leave my machine out.
    Again, thank you SO MUCH for the goodies!! Such beautiful papers and embellies. I love the colors! It had me thinking all day of photos I need to go look for to scrap with. Been busy today with cleaning and baking, and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo! then you surely have come up with your secret of using up stash ! keep kitting up ! with your own stash of course ! teehee !

    way to go with these fun layouts ! loving your use of the kit here for sure !!!

    p/s : we are being rained on here with CHA stuff - MME Lost & Found 2 , Bo Bunny - I bought NOTHING todate ! woohoo ! I dont have time to use them IMMEDIATELY so they are no gos ! even tho' the discounts are goood too ! it can be done !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts! Love that you've used up the kits. I might get a couple out and then I put it all into my stash. I hope you shared these at SC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow my friend,you sure rocked this kit,love your beautiful designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't the colours just beautiful? Your lovely layouts just make them sing. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with Boardwalk now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so bright and cheerful, Jen! Love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...