Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Colourful and Jolly

I finally got my hands on some of the "5 and Dime" collection by October Afternoon,  thanks to an online scrappy store in Eastern Canada!  I was so excited to finally cut into this line as I have been eyeing it since it's release for the last winter CHA.  My LSS's don't carry OA so I am thrilled that I finally have access to this wonderful manufacturer.

It was the perfect line to scrap this photo of Susan with her husband, Richard and son, Matt.  They are sitting outside the old general store at the heritage park we visited last month.


It is definitely a busy LO with that large print paper but I LOVE that pattern and wanted to see a whole lot of it!  Lots of this and that to look at but I always love me a busy look.  I'll try to tame down my next creation with this line but, I make no promises. ;)

I used this week's sketch from Sketch Inspiration.


I have also managed to make 6 more Christmas cards from the Cosmo Cricket line, "Mitten Weather" and I still have more of the collection to use up.



Here is a sketch that I used for one of the cards.

My OA papers are calling my name so I am off to create!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely, Jen! I ADORE OA but no one here carries it! What an awesome layout. I think the business totally suits the vintage vibe of the page! The cards are great too - how many do you have to make?

    Cliff just told me that we're off to Edmonton in a few weeks for a hockey game and a football game, but I'm hoping to take a scrap class or something on the Saturday while Cliff is golfing. I just checked the Treasured Memories website, but they don't have any scheduled for the 24th. Do you have any suggestions of other good stores that might have something going on during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is colourful and jolly, but so nice! I love all the little bits and pieces that come with that paper line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh this is just beautiful Jennifer, the little bits and pieces you have added just add that bit extra to make it a FABULOUS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely layout Jen.I´ve to tell you that here in Santiago there are just 2 scrapbook shops and the don´t carry any new release so everything I have I need to buy at the internet....
    I love those cute and sweet cards you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful beautiful collection. I have been receiving bits in my Midnight Rooster kits and using it all up!

    Your cards are beautiful. You will be more than ready for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas cards Jen...You are really such an inspiration...I know I should start with mine too...but to get the time. I love your layout...and that line is perfect for this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, your Christmas cards are fabulous! You are soooo smart in making them ahead of time. Love that October Afternoon line too! Today I used Seashore line on my blog.
    Love your page as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...