Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Done!

The Embellished Paper Doilies have been officially completed!  It felt so great to finish up Christine Middlecamp's 16 part tutorial.  Here are the last three creations.




They were getting so intricate by the end of the project.  Here is what I have learned!

(1)  Liquid adhesive is my friend.
(2)  Pop dots really make a difference in enhancing dimension on a LO.
(3)  The possibilities with stickers is endless.  Layer them up to make your own creations.
(4)  Small pieces of transparencies really add some umph!
(5)  Inking everything with a small amount of "Frayed Burlap" distress ink is yummy!
(7)  Small amounts of anything glittery is a good thing. :)

So I have to say that I feel that these tutorials have helped me to expand my scrappy horizon.  Now all that is left is to assemble these 16 gems into the shadow frame.  This is a project for next crafty Tuesday.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

11 comments:

  1. You have to share what it looks like all together when you get it framed!! I would love to see. Your doilies turned out beautifully. She has a wonderful, layered, but all her own style. I love it. I wish I could scrap with her... maybe I could learn a thing or two!!! hee! hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see the finsihed project Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe they would look wonderful all together in a frame. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I can't wait to see what they look like all together! (though of course I know they are going to be beautiful because each one is a little work of art)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow Jen,this took lot of time and patience.All are amazing and I can´t wait to see all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your work! really beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see it all together Jennifer. Well done!
    Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yeah! gorgeous , hun !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I went to visit Christine's blog and noticed that it was meant to go in a frame. I think I would love to make one of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are good tips - I'm going to have to try using small pieces of transparencies! These are so lovely, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...