Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Caved

I finally gave in and ordered a kit by Studio Calico.  I think I'm in love!  July's kit, "Mind the Gap" is right up my alley!  A wonderful selection of earth tones that are just perfect for outdoor photographs.


This photo was taken one afternoon when we were geocaching.  I have to admit that I am not much of a cacher but, totally enjoy walking around on trails.

I stitched through my alphas in a true Marcy Penner fashion!  The hidden journaling is inspired by a LO that Piradee did using this kit.

I used this fun sketch by Julie Bonner!  I totally love her sketches!!


This LO I really enjoyed creating!  I wanted to document how I drag Rob to our local heritage park most summers.  He hates this place but goes along for me.  I am trying to make an effort to journal more on my LO's.  It is, after all, the story that is so important to remember.  I really liked this little journaling card with the cow on it.


Another sketch by Julie Bonner!


I have lots more supplies left in my kit and just have to find the right photos for scrapping with it!  Scrapping seems so much easier when a pile of supplies lies before you coordinated by some totally talented person!  :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful layouts my friend.I loove them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahahaha ! yup ! evil laughter here ! You know why ?! lol

    You do justice to the colors of the kit , my dear ! I know I can't ! ;) love the details on both layouts !

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu really have a knack for co ordinating patterns papers together, and I so love the stitched letters, gotta try that my self!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THEM BOTH!!!! I must admit, I've been getting their kits for awhile & they are gorgeous :) Fabulous pages & of course - as always - you rocked the sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitched letters! I've got to try that! I can see how much you are enjoying your kit - it just shines through in your pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LOs - and I love those sketches too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always do so well with Julie's sketches!!! Fantastic job with the kit. What beautiful pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layouts Jennifer! It looks like this kit is right up your alley! I really should do more journalling too... it is after all what its all about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee hee! This kit was perfect for you! I just discontinued getting the kit. My LSS has a great one right now... I left some love for you on SC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, Jen, this was a perfect kit for matching nature photos! Love what you did with it! My favourite part of the first page is those stitched alphas - so cool! And I love the way you did the title on the second, as well. Combining the diecut with tiny alphas is a great idea! Love that sweet little yellow heart button, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...