Friday, August 26, 2011

Last One

One last LO to share made with my October Afternoon "5 and Dime" collection.  This line was certainly worth the wait.  It has been awhile since a line of paper has got me on a scrappy tangent like this.  Now kits are a different story. ;)

I love this crazy photo of my Lady!  She is hardly even recognizable as a dog!  hee hee


Here is the sketch that I used from Sketch Inspiration.


A little update on Lady.  I had her to the vet yesterday for her annual shots. These are the first shots that she has had with me as the rescue center took care of all of her health needs before I adopted her.  Well, she is one shy girl.  When I put her up on the table she just stayed as close to me as she could and pressed against my body.   When it was time for the vet to examine her she went into avoidance mode.  Keep your head down and look away.  She faced me the entire time and never once looked at the vet.  She wasn't shivering with stress though, so I was happy about that.  So interesting how she copes with her environment.  I am used to Gus, who loves going to the vet.  His tail never stops wagging and he greets the vet at the door.  He always wants to be the first dog up on the table and loves getting anything medical done to him!  Strange for sure.  Maggie is my only normal dog. ;)  Okay, enough of this.  The crazy dog lady in me just emerged once again. ;)  The logical side of me knows that nobody else is as interested in my dogs as I am.  So if you are still reading this, thanks for bearing with me.  If not, I totally understand.  LOL

Wishing you all a terrific weekend!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Maybe she had a bad incident before her adoption...and she remembers getting hurt. She is a way cute lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely adorable!!! I love the b/w photo with the colorful paper! I love hearing/reading about your pooches!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable and cute layout this is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colors, mix of papers and Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your reply Jen, It is so sad that she had such an awful start to life. I am sure that with all the love you lavish on her she will get over her initial trauma and gradually start trusting again.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have OA down pat!!! I love love love your previous posts, and I adore this one, I had to smile at that title too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the doggies stories ! I've just come back from a visit to a friend's home where she has one black huge poodle & a lovely golden retriever ! You would love them too ! They are so well behaved ! ;)

    & yeah ! you sure rawk the oA !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always happy to hear about your dogs! And that photo of Lady is so funny! Love it! What a great layout! That's so funny about your dogs at the vet! Neither of mine likes it much, and Molly buries her head in me like Lady does. We just try to get it over with as quickly as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...