Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Victorian Garden

Two more LO's to share using one of the new Echo Park lines.


Loving the softness of this line.  I even broke out the pink Glimmer Mist for a bit of splattering.  The  crocheted flowers are made by Susan!  I have hidden journaling at the top in the little envelope.  In my new plan of getting the story down, I wanted lots of room to document my mother's relationship with her friend Elsie.  Elsie has just recently moved out of the apartment building that my parents live in.  She has moved to a senior's home in another community to be near her daughter.  Her memory has been failing her as of late.  I am sure that my mother will be missing her friend.  :(  

I used this week's sketch up at Creative Scrappers.


I love this old knitting basket of goodies.  Each time we go to Fort Edmonton Park and I see this,  I marvel at how much knitting has changed.  I finally got a good photo of it.  The woolies sure would be warm!  Knitting would have had to be a must by all family members in order to stay warm during the long winter months in Western Canada.


I made the flowers by fancy cutting one of the patterned papers from the collection.  I love it when you can make one of a kind embellishment from good paper!  The sketch I chose allowed me to take full advantage of the fancy swirls on the background paper.

Here is the sketch from Let's Capture These Sketches.


Wishing you all a fun and creative day!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. I love both of these! and especially like the idea of journalling in an envelope. You are clearly a master at layering - sigh of envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this ne Echo park collection.i ordered but I still don´t receive it.You worked with it so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those papers and your layouts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts, Jen! I especially love the staggered alphas in the first one and the handcut flowers in the second. Both layouts capture important, special "moments", but in such different ways. I love that about scrapbooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful!!! I love the fussy cut flowers. I love these papers!! I am excited to get my Scraptastic Club kit!!! She put some of these in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful papers and you have really showcased them here Jennifer. Lovely, lovely layouts (and I love the look of that knitting basket too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job with those papers! And a fantastic job with the sketches, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Layouts are just Divine!!!!!
    You have worked magic with the Echo Park...
    I Adore the Knit 1 layout & that photo is Awesome!!
    Thanks for playing along @ LCTS!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...