Monday, August 1, 2011

The Scrappiest #131

There is a new sketch up at The Scrappiest.  I am always a fan of single photo sketches, so I quite enjoyed this one.  Perfect for this photograph of my parents on their 50th wedding anniversary.  Crate's "Portrait" collection seemed the perfect fit for this B&W photo.


The sentiments in this line fit so perfectly too.  On this LO, the "W" stands to represent their last name ~ White.  I used some pop dots on this LO to try to add some dimension.  My doily projects from Christine Middlecamp have been teaching me well!

Here is the sketch!


Hope you all had a terrific summer weekend.  It is a holiday for us here today in Alberta. A long weekend to enjoy before Rob goes back to work tomorrow after two weeks at home.  I'm always a bit sad to see him back at work and the "holiday" routine ended.  Like they say, time flies when you're having fun!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. Love love your take on the sketch,what an adorable,sweet and pretty layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally totally lovin that thread wrapped around the border frame it rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I'm a big fan of single photo layout and this one is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty!!! I love all of the layers and little bits on here! SO much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sweet layout! The colors and embellies are beautiful and what a great picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful with the Crate Restoration , hun ! & the cross stitches are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very beautiful. I love this Crate line but have yet to use mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout, Jen! What dimension! And - such an awesome photo. Is this the one they're going to put in their album?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...