Monday, August 29, 2011

The Scrappiest #135

I have a LO to share today using the newest sketch up at The Scrappiest.   I used the new Echo Park "Victorian Garden" collection.  Such a delicate line.


Here is the sketch.


Here is my newest addition to my scrappy world.  It came today and I am pretty excited.


The decision to purchase this comes from two inspirational people.  Shimelle's blog has me inspired to try to get more of the story down on my LO's.  Shimelle says that a LO without a story is like finding a box of old photos with no dates or names on them.  So very true.  I am guilty of telling just a short story on journaling strips and putting the design ahead of the story.  :(  Then I came across this post on Sian's blog.  Looking at this old manual typewriter had me mourning the loss of my old blue one that I sent off to charity about 6 years ago.  I thought that I would never be a able to find replacement ribbons.  Anyway, a bit of googling led me to this beauty.


I am so excited to be able to type on journaling cards and labels and to type out small journaling strips.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO and really nice typewriter. I'm kicking myself now that I gave my typewriter away just last year. Waaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love this layout of the two of you....beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your journaling on your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fantastic! I can't wait to see some typewritten journaling (says the woman who is still waiting for her husband to try re-inking the ribbon on our new typewriter!)

    And I've been wondering about buying some of that Echo Park. You make it look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome find there! Love what you've done the EP VG line here !

    Yeah ! Journal away now ! no more excuses ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhh I love your new purchase Jennifer! Can't wait to see what you do with it. :)
    Your layout is beautiful and I love the pic of you and your hubby. Have a geat week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lo is wonderful my friend!!! and about the typewriter I´ve been thinking on getting one for so long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, what a cool tool! I need to remember to journal more, too...because I know I'm going to want to remember those details! I am loving the combination of yellow with the soft gray and stark black accents. So beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Susan is going to be coming over and borrowing your typewriter!! LOL I wish I had one! It would be SO MUCH easier for journaling. I have been wanting one. I really need to start searching more. I love your page!!! Such a striking color palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty page. I've been toying with the idea of getting a typewriter too. You might have pushed me to a decision point.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...