Thursday, September 1, 2011

Odds and Ends

We are getting our first taste of fall.  The children in my neighbourhood went back to school yesterday.  When I was out during the noon hour yesterday, walking the pups,  I could hear the voices and sounds of play coming from the school which is quite a few blocks away.  It is a sound I love!  I did lunch supervision for 6 years while my girls were in school.  Oh the smell of 30 some odd lunches being opened up in one small classroom, walking the yard in all kinds of weather and mediating squabbles.  Weird to think that I actually enjoyed it most days.  

Around here the house it is feeling like we are getting into fall mode too.

Sunflowers are in the kitchen,


Knitting hats for charity has resumed,


and today I even ventured into the kitchen to bake a cake.


 Wow, that almost never happens anymore.  I think it was a phone conversation with Susan that sparked the interest.  My boxed cake mix will not compare to her home baked cherry pie, as in picking cherries off the tree!!!  Now that is a pioneer woman!

On the scrappy front, I have decided to do an 8.5 x 11 album about me!  Not really about me per say but, rather things I like and what I think.  Here is my first LO for it.


A simple fact that I like this brand of wool to knit with.   The Cosmo Cricket "Odds and Ends" line was perfect!  I created the title by cutting a banner out of the wool packaging.  I finally used my new typewriter and was happy about how much journaling I was able to fit in a small spot.  I did some machine sewing and left some long messy threads in true Marcy Penner fashion!

Here is the sketch I used from Page Maps!


In other scrappy news, I think I just might start to do a bit of this.....


I picked up these acrylic paints on sale at Michaels for $0.41 each.  Why pay $6 for the real Sprinklers & Mr. Huey?  Susan just waters her acrylic down and splatters away.  Oh so random and uncontrolled!  It goes against all my scrappy practices but I'm kind of excited about it!  :)

Wishing you all sunny crispy autumn days and cozy nights!!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories and I love your page. We should all scrap like that about ourselves. I know as well as I know my mother there are so many things I do not know and would love to read through a book like this about her. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Mix cakes can be good too, but ya, that cherry pie was some delicious! Next year I'll make sure you get to try it. Love the layout - it's adorable. The typewriter journaling looks really good and just makes me regret even more that I gave mine away last year. :-( Speaking of delicious, those bottles of paint look exactly that. Great photo - scrap-worthy I'd say. You could journal about how you're getting brave and trying new techniques. Just a thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply adore your layout my friend.I´ve to say that I´m in love with your work,it´s really so so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that (layout) pretty! I see you talented on many fronts. Love the papers and arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... don't go wishing those cool cozy nights just yet!! LOL I am NOT ready to give up summer yet! Oh, how I love being in shorts and not having all the layers of clothing on. Today with the humidity it was 102. A little too sticky for me, but still love the warm weather. Monday, they are predicting our high to be 69! What a change! I do have to say, your flowers are just lovely!! LOVE that color combination!! I have been baking a ton of homemade zucchini bread. I have so many zucchini from my garden it is ridiculous! Your page is just so cute!!! The little girl on there is so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this layout!!! Can't wait to see what you do with all the "splatters" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ! lovee the pics as always !!! way to go with the acrylic paints & watering them down ! totally agree ! hee ! hee ! & I havent bought any OA mists ! too way !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain!

    This is a really lovely post Jennifer - it has such a nice autumny feel about it - especially with that beautiful page and the cosy green wool. And you are so right about the quality. I think it makes the knitting more pleasurable and the finished product more attractive, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, I absolutely LOVE fall! :) And what a great idea for an album. You need to scrap your new Eddie Bauer Lady sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of an album showing the things that you love. Here we are still in the grip of the cold weather...you would never say that spring is starting;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...