Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scrap it with a Song

For the first time ever I am playing along with Scrap it with a Song.  What a terrific way to have some more original titles on my LO's and get more of the story down.  It is a fun challenge to try to figure out how a specific song ties into a photograph and story to tell.  This week it was "Fix You" by Coldplay.  It inspired me to tell the story of my latest house guest.  I am so glad that I took photographs of this sweet girl.


The title is taken from the lyrics as well as the phrase, "guide you home" in my journaling.  The song's overall message of trying to fix someone in need spoke to me about how I tend to be with wayward animals.  Life would be so much easier if I could just walk on by.  I think this is the most journaling that I have ever done on a LO.  I am grateful for my typewriter that allows me to record so much of the story in a small space.

I used more goodies from the "Random" line by Crate.  Pure yumminess!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

13 comments:

  1. The journaling fits in there beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about giving this challenge a go as it looks interesting - I love your take on it, another gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I love your journaling. (need to find a typewriter, too. Been wanting one for a LONG time! So much easier than with the computer printer). I love all the bits and pieces and layers. I hope Kitty is liking her new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Great song, great story you told and great layout! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome layout! Love how you played the challenge!! Thanks SOOO much for playing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful journalling Jennifer...to me thats what it is all about, and what an elegant page, just adds to the whole special feel to the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page and beautiful journalling. This paper line looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout!! Love your take on this week's challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow ! the typewrite is just great for this kind of journaling ! wonderful layout , hun ! love the looks of the sweet kitty !!!

    hugs on a rainy afternoon here ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Jennifer! The frame looks great and the typewriter journaling is perfect for this layout. I love what you've created with this 'Random' line. Think I will have to get me some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is awesome!! Love the layout. Glad you joined us at Scrap it with a Song, hope to see you back again! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, Jen. And that kitty is so pretty! :) What a perfect song for this LO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...