Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yellow

I'm playing along again with Scrap it With a Song!  Love how these challenges make me really think about titles and seem to get me journaling more of a story!  Up this week, an amazing song by Coldplay ~ Yellow.  It took me lots of thinking time to come up with something other than a monochromatic yellow LO.  Having said that, I am a yellow fan so this could have been a successful option.  I couldn't resist using a yellow background though.  ;)


The title "Something Beautiful" is in the lyrics.  I also added a sentence to my journaling from the song.  "You know I love you so."  This is my little Lisa at four.  We found this photo in one of her dresser drawers last Saturday as we were helping her move out.  I LOVE this photo even if her head is kind of cropped off.  I decided to use this photo to document her growing up and the date she moved away from home at.  This challenge worked in perfectly!

Still playing with Crate's "Random".  I've pretty much used up the collection.  I might be able to get one more LO and then some cards or mix it in with other lines.  I have totally enjoyed playing with this vibrant palette and this line seems to bring out the over embellished junked up look that I so crave.  Hmm    Maybe next up I'll have to try to create something a little more on the minimal side.

I used this linear sketch from KesiArt.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love all the little details you've added! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Wow, finding that photo really turned out to be the perfect way to document Lisa leaving home. I love the white background you used. It makes everything else pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Jennifer :D I totally love it. You rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little details, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous and adorable LO.Thanks for the blog link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my ! such a darling photo of Lisa there ! Yellow is perfect too ! lol just wonderful , Jenn !

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOO delish delish, you know I adore yellow, and your mix of pattern papers with the yellow is just perfect...what a darling photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So vibrant! And what a pretty photo. It's perfect for the story you wanted to tell! I can tell you're loving that typewriter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! Great use of the lyrics. And I just love all the little details on your page. Thanks for playing along with SIWAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful page! LOVE the way you've played off the circles with all your fabulous circular elements! And your colors are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...