Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving today here in Canada!  I hope that all of my Canadian bloggy friends are enjoying a wonderful long weekend with family and friends.

So what has been going around here?  Well, things are looking pretty harvest-y.  From flowers...


to ornamental pumpkins and gourds.


We had our turkey yesterday.  A nice little practice run for Christmas.  I even ventured into my kitchen long enough to make a pie!  Can't remember the last time that happened.  ;)


Then I shocked myself even further by making turkey soup.


(Hey, are any of my readers old enough to recognize the olive green pot circa 1975?  hee hee  The entire set was given to me second hand in the early 1980's from Robert's great-aunt.  This is the only one remaining and it is still my favourite pot!  Only small remnants of the olive green remain.)

So back to turkey talk.  It still amazes me how economical turkey is.  Tonight we are having Turkey Ann.  An easy recipe where you warm a mixture of leftover turkey, gravy and onions on thick garlic toast and then top it with cheese.  Yum!!

This weekend we also celebrated Diane turning 24!  My first born is not so little anymore. hee hee



With our weekend being so warm and sunny, Gus has been enjoying these last opportunities to warm himself on the balcony.  A toasty puppy he is!


The big guy is slowly on the mend.  Lady has been enjoying every moment of Rob relaxing on the sofa. She will miss him when he goes back to work next week.  His current job seems to be giving Lady head rubs at her demand.



The entire pack is loving that there always seems to be a big blanket on the sofa, as of late.  Doesn't get much better than this.  These pups have a tough life.  ;)


Needless to say, there hasn't been too much creative stuff going on.  I have been working on a couple of DT assignments but nothing that I can share yet. :(  Susan is coming over tomorrow and we plan on scrapping so hopefully I will have something to share soon.  I have some new Studio Calico papers that I just can't wait to cut into!  :)

Wishing you all a wonderful week with some scrappy time in it for you!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah ! lovely that you've celebrated Thanksgiving already ! lovely florals too ! ;)

    Love that last pic of the fur babies especially ! they are blessed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your pics Jennifer. I agree, your pups have a very hard life. Lol! Have fun scrapping with Susan. Can't wait to see what you create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Those puppies are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Jennifer! You have some lovely pictures in this post - I love the story about the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are enjoying your scrappy day with Susan today!!! :) Glad you had a great holiday. Yes, I am very familiar with the green pot! I have seen them. My parents had something like that when I was a kid. I think Greg's mom did, maybe still does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Thanks giving and congrats on your oldest's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann S said

    I love your post on Scrap It With A Song On The Go I love the bright colors stitching circles four representing The Beatles "A Cutie Nephew Thomas"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...