Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm Going to a Party ...

... a Pretty Paper Party that is!  Hosted by the very inspirational Shimelle!  No fancy party frock required.


I am so looking forward to being inspired to use up some of my beautiful paper stash.  It is my first time participating in an on-line class and I am thinking that it will add a fun spark to the next few weeks.

It starts tomorrow if you are interested.  All of Shimelle's on-line classes can be purchased after the fact.  You just don't have the excitement of waiting for the next prompt and contributing to the forum while it is happening, but everything else is there!

Nothing much creative going on around here.  I am three days into fighting my annual fall flu bug.  My body has a very specific way of adjusting to the cooler season coming in.  I have however,  spent a lot of time thinking about creative things that I really can't fathom having the energy to actually do.  hee hee  I also have given some thought to where my scrappy life is going.  Yes, scary visions of me in the old folks home surrounded by too many albums.  I am thinking that I need to channel this passion in a different direction.  Something that creates smaller creations maybe. Although I have said this before and it always comes back to my love of creating LO's.

I have also been watching lots of sports with the big guy.  Yay.... not!  From football to hockey and then to sports highlight shows to watch it all again. :(  Rob is not returning to work this week as expected.  I guess he was a bit delusional about his recovery period.  So there will be lots more football to be watched around here in the upcoming weeks.  ;(

We hit a new low today when we realized that someone had to do a load of laundry because we were running out of clean P.J.s.  You know your life is really boring when!  hee hee  Anyway, the laundry chore was a joint effort because Rob can't lift the economy size laundry jug!  Oh a glimps into our elderly years together.  The pups have pretty much forgotten what it feels like to go on a real walk.  It's good they have each other because every once in a while one of them will get a little energy overload burst and then they all chase each other around for a bit.

Hoping you are all having a fun and creative weekend and that the flu bugs have not found your households.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I hope you feel better soon!! No sports here.. Greg will listen to it on the radio when he is at work. It's a pretty, but chilly day. That north wind has made it pretty nippy out. I hear you on the over abundance of albums! I don't know what I am going to do with mine either. Especially considering I still have a little one at home. Have to scrap all of his photos. Rest up.. hope the flu bug goes away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon too! I bet that class will perk you up :) I'm not signed up for this one, but I think you will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well Jennifer. Hope you (and DH) will feel much better soon... and you can return from watching sport to creating layouts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat... hope you are feeling better soon. I love the idea of running out of pjs because you get to be wearing them though. :D

    So glad my hubby doesn't really watch sports. He likes the cooking channel and crime shows. LOL. He was off work for 3 weeks with surgery recovery and nearly drove me crazy. :) You gotta love them though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will feel a lot better soon. I must be honest and say that these past few weeks of the Rugby World cup I was bombarded with sports and would not mind a bit of a break;-)

    Off to check of your online class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you all were sick! How was Shimelle's class?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...