Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm a Pop Gal and Some Cards

Some exciting news!  I made the Design Team for Scrap it With a Song!


The announcement is here.  I am so excited to be a part of this team.  I love the challenges.  They inspire me to journal more and to come up with some different titles.   The Pop Girls have their first reveal on October 13th.

Yesterday was spent working on cards.  A perfect activity for World Card Making Day.  I had so much fun playing along with some of the challenges at the Pink Paislee blog.

This challenge was to use a neutral colour paired with bright colours.  I scraplifted Danielle Flander's design here.  The chevron pattern was really fun to create.


This challenge was to use stitching as a focal point.  Of course I loved this one!


Next up was to create a shaped card.  I traced and hand cut the scalloped bottom border.


This challenge was to upcycle.  I love to use bits of packaging on my projects.  I used packaging from the "Daily Junque" and "Hometown" collections.


The last challenge I played along with was to use two mediums.  I used distress ink and splattered some Glimmer Mist.


These challenges sure put a spark in my card making day.  Now maybe I'll get inspired to get back on creating some more of my Christmas cards.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations Jennifer! This sounds like a perfect fit for you.

    Your cards are lovely - I need to have a go at that chevron pattern. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the DT spot! And the cards are all beautiful! You did a great job with that hand-cutting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You're cards are as beautiful as your layouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jen,big congrats girl on your new DT,they´re so lucky to have you there!!!
    Love your fabulous and so pretty cards my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Congratulations on the DT!! You are on a card making roll!!! They are all beautiful, Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE congrats on the DT so totally deserved, and these are just stunner Cards, I especially love the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome on the new DT ! Sure sounds like fun ! Alas WCMD just flew past me !

    I did a lot of stamping though today - but just sentiments - no time to assemble yet. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Welcome to SIWAS. your cards are gorgeous. Love the vintage Santas

    ReplyDelete
  9. A HUGE CONGRATS (and so well deserved)!!!! I will have to check that site out :) Love your cards & that chevron pattern looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A big congratulations on the DT! Can't wait to see what you create. I LOVE your cards...they are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making the DT!!! Love all the cards you created! Beautiful vintage feel to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Congrats on the new DT! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge congrats on your new DT position Jennifer!
    Your cards are awesome! Should I send you my address for one of those fab Christmas cards? Lol! Hope you are having a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...