Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's My Pick

The Pop Gals are up again today at Scrap it With a Song.  When I applied for the Design Team, one of the requirements was to choose a song that I would like to see as a challenge.  My choice was "Fearless" by Taylor Swift.  I always thought that the line, "Capture it - Remember it" would be great on a LO.  Well, today my choice is being featured.  This terrific lyric was perfect for a title for this LO of Susan and her husband, Richard,  looking at the photographs that they had captured.


I broke out all kinds of Studio Calico for this one.  I love the look of the signature SC colour palette with B&W's.

Hope you'll give this song a listen!  Maybe it will inspire you too.  I'd love for you to play along with us!  :)

In other scrappy news, I spent yesterday afternoon moving my studio.   After months of going back and forth, I finally decided to take the plunge and move "stuff"  out of the small windowless back room to the main area of our basement.  Major perk here is natural light and lots of it!  The basement is a walk out so the windows are full size facing West.  That in itself makes it worth the move!  The next best thing is that I am close to the fireplace so it will be warmer in the winter months.  If I scrap in the evening, Rob can watch T.V in the basement and I won't feel like such a bad wife ignoring him for my art.  hee hee  But... there are also some negatives.  My desk is close to the patio door so the pups may decide that they should be let out about every three minutes.  :(  Sadly, all of my punches that sit in their shoe holder have to stay in the old room hanging on the back of the door because there is no door around to hang them on.  So the old studio will become the "exercise room" and house the treadmill.  Exercise.... what's that?  ;)  Maybe I'll take some photos tomorrow of my new space.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

12 comments:

  1. We have a big Taylor Swift fan in this house and I think she would heartily approve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design my friend,love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit, my 13 yr old is a huge Taylor fan!! I should use a pic of her and try and play along!!! your page is wonderful!! The colors just pop! I can't wait to see your new space. I am in the basement too. Southeast exposure.. look out windows, so full size just about. Early part of the day, the lighting is good. I am doing some revamping of my room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love the picture of Susan and her husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you have found your mojo again. Lovely layout, the pop of yellow is simply stunning. Looking forward to "seeing" your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! Love, love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY Jennifer those subtle grey colour scheme with the pops of yellow is just perfect!!! and your designs are always the best....You should be a sketch designer I say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome with all the SC goodness , hun !

    way to go , just do it with the exercising ! lol ! never too late I tell yer !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pops of yellow on this layout Jennifer. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see pics of your 'new' space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann S said

    Jennifer I can see why you are on the design team.
    I love your Lo using the Studio Calico Kit. Pearls on the clouds and double butterflies and the bright color of yellow. Looking forward to seeing your new space as I am all for a window in the room and lucky you beside a fire place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time in here and I just love eevrithing in here!!!
    This page is so amazing and all the details are great.!!!I´m follower now.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. New scrap space! yay! :) I love the title for your layout - and those cute little clouds! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...