Thursday, October 13, 2011

Scrap it With a Song Reveal

It is my first reveal at Scrap it With a Song.  The Pop Gals are up today with a new challenge and a fun one indeed!  Instead of a song as inspiration we have a photo inspiration.  Here it is!


Here is my take on it using some Jillibean "Homemade 6 Bean Soup" papers.


This album cover inspired me to make a sketch.  The four rectangular elements represent the white crossing lines on the road.  I repeated the theme of four in the scalloped borders to represent the four Beatles.  I placed my title in the upper left hand corner as was on the album.  I also wanted the theme of the LO to be movement to represent the Beatles walking.  Here is Little Thomas crawling!  Love this photograph of him!

So how does this vintage album cover inspire you? Sketch design options, colour palette or maybe even a favourite song from it.  Hope you check out Scrap it With a Song and play along with us this week!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

17 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer!! So creative!! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Jennifer...I love it. I love how you interpreted the photo. I love the color too...Shew, I love it all:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute photo! I love all the details on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job interpreting the album cover and I love the layout you created. Good job coming up with your own sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fantastic!!! I love the colors and all the movement you added with the scallops and circles. Great interpretation of the Beatles photo!!!! That is such a beautiful photo of little Thomas!!! He is so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love yr interpretation of the pic inspo ! & little Thomas looks so adorable as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the white letters look perfectly inspired by the white suit! A really thoughtful (and beautifully colourful) response to this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! What a sweet pic and I adore your layout Jennifer! I love how you've used the crossing lines as inspiration.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. holey smoke Jennifer this is just one knock out of a layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I totally adore it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photo of Thomas. The road symbolism is awesome. ydh

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving this beautiful creation:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool interpretation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...