Saturday, October 1, 2011

Time to Make Cards

Well it is that time again to seriously think about getting all those Christmas cards completed.  I am always grateful for this day which gives us this gentle reminder to get going!


Today I will attempt to do just this.  Make cards!!!

I have not been very scrappy as of late because the big guy had day surgery this week.  He has about a two week recovery period so since Wednesday I have been pulling out my mad nursing skills.  Not much time left for scrapping.  I don't dare escape to the basement as of yet.  I tend to lose track of time and I know I would end up accidently abandoning him!  Opps.  No pain pills for you.  ;)

But today..... I have found this fun challenge!  My plan is to pull my Pink Paislee goodies up to the kitchen table and make some cards!  There are lots of prizes to be had.  Yes I can take care of the big guy and work on these tiny projects!  It is all good.

On other crafty fronts, this down time has afforded me lots of time to work on my sampler and to knit my charity hats.   Last years woolies were all donated last week.  There were six bags of woolies gathered from the collective knitting of Susan,  our mother, my MIL and myself.  What a great feeling to know that we have helped some people to stay warm this winter.  Apparently we are in for another brutal winter like last year.  I refuse to see this as a negative and have purchased a really long down filled coat with a furry hood.  It is ugly but I will be warm!  Problem solved.

So I hope you all find some card making time this weekend.  Lots of challenges out there to help us get motivated and play along!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the recovery. Hope it all goes smoothly!

    A warm coat - one of my essential purchases too. I feel the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I really should get to work on some cards I need to make but...having said that I might just work on my sampler again today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust Rob's recovery is coming along good ! It's good that you have other crafty interests really ! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your patient has recovered, you have abandoned your nurses cap and escaped to your scrappy place.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...