Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm a Guest

Well I am finally back to my much ignored blog.  Sometimes life seems to get in the way of scrappy time and sometimes I just end up working on other stuff.  Lately, I am reading a great book, working on my charity hats, stitching a little and hanging out with the big guy in the afternoon, as he is only back at work half time.  I have even been getting some stuff done to prepare for Christmas.  It is November now, so I guess it is okay to speak of this upcoming holiday.  ;)

On to scrappy stuff.  This month I am a guest designer at my very favourite on line shopping store,  Let's Capture Our Memories.  I have actually been doing the bulk of my purchasing here lately.  I am able to get full lines of Jillibean Soup, Lily Bee and Studio Calico!  I am one happy girl.  It is also a perk to have the goodies delivered right to my door!  Here is the first of three LO's that I will be sharing this month for the store.  This LO features all Jillibean Soup "Sweet and Sour Soup" product.


Bolt belongs to Diane's best friend.  Diane had the pleasure of dog sitting this girl a few months back.  She came over for a play date with the pups.  What a sweetie she is!

This is the sketch I used from the store's sketch site, Let's Capture These Sketches.



Just wondering if anyone is considering doing a December Daily journal this Christmas?  I noticed that Ali Edwards and Studio Calico have teamed up with a beautiful kit including a custom album.  It is pricey though at almost $80.  Shimelle also has one that she is selling in the UK but can also be ordered though Two Peas in a Pod.  Marcy Penner has hand crafted an amazing kit too!  In looking at these amazing kits I debated as to whether I would create one for myself.  It would be a terrific opportunity to use up some of the ever growing Christmas stash.  In the end I have decided not to, only because there isn't much going on around here at Christmas.  Now if the kids were little, I would be doing one for sure.  December was always such a busy month with Christmassy things going on every day.  I love the idea of getting the bulk of it done ahead of time and then just having to put in your photos and journaling during the busy month of December.  A terrific way to get all of those memories and traditions documented.  I would love to hear your ideas on this project!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely layout - I like all the little details you add, like the stitching on the circle! I did Shimelle's JYC last year and will be doing it again this year too as I loved it. There were so many little things that I'm so glad I recorded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Jen's blogging again! Great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen.What an adorable and colorful layout my friend!! Big congrats on your position this month.I´m agree with you,I bought the same collections as you!!!,love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You haven't ignored your blog! Very nice job. Great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the JBS take of the sketch ! what a sweet dog Bolt looks ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been quiet and I missed you.

    This is such a lovely layout...I have saved the sketch to try out some time.

    We don't have all the tradition leading up to Christmas...I have wanted to do a "December daily" but maybe I must first start some traditions first...else nothing will end up in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soooo want to come scrap with you!!! your layouts are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize Let's Capture Our Memories is a store! I will have to check them out, because I've been wanting to do some after-Christmas shopping! Have you checked out ninabrookdesigns.com? A double-pack of EZ Runner is only $7.99! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...