Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Knit One then Knit One More

The knitting tangent continues.  Yes, the needles are still clicking away.  I am like a knitting machine!  hee hee

Yesterday Susan came over for crafty Tuesday and we continued on our sock knitting journey.  We are on to knitting with our "good" sock yarn and what we hoped would be a pattern for a more refined looking sock.  The yarn helps to give a delicate look but sadly this pattern for yet another "basic sock" seems a bit bulky.

Here is where I was yesterday morning.....


and here is where I am now!


Not sure what I was thinking when I chose this colour of yarn?  Although it was purchased last summer, I must have been in an autumn mood.  That or I was preparing for a Halloween costume as a witch?

In other knitting news, I have been knitting basic garter stitch scarves with this chunky Lion Brand yarn. I knit one for me and this one is for charity.


Lastly, I have been knitting up some vibrantly coloured dishcloths for Lisa.  She is my vibrant girl.


I have started doing some Christmas preparations.  It will be upon us before we know it.  Most of the shopping is finished and I have already started wrapping.  Next I will be getting my Christmas cards all signed up.  I have decided to do minimal baking this Christmas.  I only plan on making gingerbread cookies for Lisa and some special squares for Diane.  When I bake,  I end up being the one in the family eating most of it as Rob doesn't enjoy baked goods.  I am ordering pies for Christmas dinner from my favourite pie shop and picking up some Bliss Bars from Starbucks.  Christmas baking made easy! ;)
I'd love to hear how all of your Christmas preparations are coming along!

 I have recently picked up some BG "Nordic Holiday"


and some Pink Paislee "Snow Day".


It is calling my name to come and play.  I do love me some snowmen.  My scrapping mojo might finally be returning. ;)  Also, Pink Paislee is starting their 12 Days of Christmas giveaway tomorrow.  You may want to check it out for a chance to win some of this fun wintery line.  I always enjoy seeing all of the daily inspiration that their DT comes up with.

I'll be back tomorrow with a LO to share for Scrap it With a Song.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a fast knitter! The sock colours are bright and cheery looking from here - a nice splash of colour against our grey sky today.

    We have been making some peppermint bark today. Obviously it will not keep til Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great knitting! Yes, this sock is turning out a tad bulky and right now I fear I'm running out of yarn. Hope that doesn't happen. Christmas preparations? You know what I have to say about that - bah humbug! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are coming along!! I am sure Diane will love her pot holders. As for Christmas... well... not a single thing accomplished yet. Long story. The only thing really done is the Christmas shopping. But, I don't like crowds and ornery people. LOL Easier on the pocket book too to stretch it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen!! I love all your knitted things!!! Can´t wait to see your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects!! I've recently started learning to crochet, I'd like to learn to knit as well but I just don't have much time right now!! Can't wait to check out your new LO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love knitting. My wrists can't manage anymore, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you come show me how to knit...or better still just knit for me!!!
    thanks for your lovely comments on my blog yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a lot of knitting! :) I love th atyou added a tagline to your blog title - it's very fitting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...