Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lots of Stuff

Lots to share today!  First off Scrap it With A Song has a new challenge up today!  The challenge is to use "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, for inspiration.  I used the phrase, "making a home", as a title for my LO.  Finally a LO to document our condo being built last year.  It took me a long time to document this because it was not a fond memory or experience.  Seems it is much easier to scrap the happy times although it is important to scrap the not so happy times too.  That is life, after all.


I used the Studio Calico "Home Front" collection for this one.   Funny when I remember rushing to the LSS to pick up this line knowing it would be perfect to scrap all of our building memories.  Hee hee  Yes, it sat untouched for quite some time!

Next up I have a LO that I made for my favourite online store, Let's Capture Our Memories.  I used the Glitz colllection, Vintage Blue for this one.


Here is the sketch I used from Let's Capture these Sketches.


And finally, an update on the progress of my knitted sock.  Susan came over yesterday and we knit the day away and shock of all shock, we created heels for our really big socks!!  It wasn't as dreaded as we had expected and I was actually making rookie mistakes like dropping stitches on the easy part of the sock knitting!  URGHHH


Susan has decided to use her large socks as slippers and has renamed them "sloppers".  A fitting name for sure because they will be very sloppy.  ;)

Hope you all have something crafty planned for today!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. I love that home-building page and those papers were just perfect for it! Nice gentle page of Mom and Dad too. And hooray for knitting socks!! I see lots in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet and pretty designs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see these latest creations , Jenn !

    wondering what you've been up to ! I've been real busy offline ! lol more later !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layouts Jennifer! The home page is beautiful, even though its a 'bad memory'. Love the colours and design of your mom and dad's layout too.
    And then there are the socks... you go girls!! Can't wait to see if finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layouts Jenn...I love the home page...and you should blog your memories about the building...even if you don't see them as happy memories. I would love to read about the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Sloppers" is so funny! I love the LO of your condo being built. I agree that it's way easier to scrap the good times, but sometimes, I wonder what my future grandchildren will think about my life if they read my scrapbooks...of course I want to stay positive, but I also want them to reflect who we really are and what our lives are really like!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...