Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflections and Goals

Another year is coming to a close.  This is the time when I tend to want to organize my life and make some goals for the new year.  This time last year, I did a post outlining some goals for 2011.  It's always fun to look back to see if any were actually achieved.  Surprisingly, some actually were!

I was successful in making lots of hand made cards this past year.  I have however come to the realization that I don't enjoy making cards.  It seems like a chore.  I plan on going back to making cards from BG card kits.  I LOVE them!

I did do some LO's using my own designs.  This was fun but who am I kidding, I am totally addicted to sketch challenges!

I am very pleased that I have gotten back into cross stitching thanks to my freaky magnifying glasses.  I don't stitch often but it is a hobby that I will never grow tired of.  I have been doing it for 21 years.

The thing I am most excited about is my knitting journey.  Thanks to crafty Tuesdays with Susan, my knitting horizons are being expanded!  The socks were made and now we are knitting up dog sweaters for Gus and Maggie.  I learned lots from my mistakes made in Lady's sweater.  Poor Lady having to wear the "irregular" sweater.  ;)  We have plans to make a baby sweater and then eventually an actual sweater!  It is all about baby steps.  In other knitting news, with my confidence at a high, I have started knitting a baby afghan.  I'll post more on that later.


Now onto some goals that I didn't achieve.  Was I delusional when I stated that I was going to scrap less in 2011?  I'm totally addicted and I don't see the scrapping as slowing down any time soon.  I love scrapping!  It is really what motivates my day and I feel so fortunate to have an activity that I feel so passionate about.  I have finally accepted the fact that at some point in my life my album count will be a concern.  I may have to rent a storage locker!  hee hee

The mini albums that I planned on making are still sitting in the drawer naked.  Hmm   Maybe mini albums fall into the same category as card making for me.

Lastly, I did not manage to decrease my scrappy purchases for 2011.  Shocking!!!  I am a sucker for watching manufacturers blogs for all the new stuff coming out.  I love CHA time and looking forward to getting my hands on some new stuff.  I don't see this behaviour changing.  I am happy to say that I am not a stash hoarder.  I do go through the stash and donate stuff that I know I won't use.  As long as it stays out of the landfill, I am happy.

My goals for this year are simple.  I have decided to set myself up for success!

I want to learn to crochet!  I learned at school in grade 4 so I'm sure I can pick it up again.  This book is bound to work!  After all, the series made sock making a success!



I plan on getting some reading done.  So many books just patiently waiting for me.


Lastly, I have decided to Write Every Day.  A Project 365 in words.  Some days I may write lots while others just a sentence or two.  Just a thought or a memory, something funny I heard, something happy or something sad.  This will give me an excuse to get out my fountain pen.


So that is it.  No hollow plans for this year.  Let's face it, unless the scrapping industry goes belly up  and there is a global shortage of cocoa beans, I'm not giving up scrappy shopping or chocolate!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

9 comments:

  1. If the scrapbooking industry goes belly-up, we're going to need a support group! LOL :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am there with you guys!!!!! Many blessings to you and your loved ones in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings to you and your family in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friend! You have a page featured on the BG blog! Totally awesome and totally deserved! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are totally do-able goals that I know you'll be able to achieve! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Me again. To get back to your comment on my blog, yes, those boys were students at my school, and I taught one of them last year. That has certainly been a part of the upheaval over the past few months...though not necessarily directly. There's the personal grief that we all went through, and then there's the energy and time that was put into helping the kids recover and find a sense of normalcy again. In very practical terms, it also caused a backlog in lessons and marking (I hope that doesn't sound callous or anything - but I think students and staff all felt the effect of putting life on hold for a period of time). I have to say, though, that it has been tremendously uplifting to witness that compassion and maturity of our students; they rallied around each other in a way I didn't anticipate. We had incredible leadership and support at school and in the community, and schools from all over North America reached out to support us, too. I am so grateful for that. But - the days and especially the week after the tragedy were by far the hardest in my teaching career, and I hope we never have to repeat them (or that anyone else has to).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally rememeber you say ing you were going to scrap less....LOL, so glad you didnt though!!!!
    Happy 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer, hope you are doing well and had a wonderful Christmas. I am doing the Scrapbook Journal for 2012 and have enrolled for Stephanie Ackerman's year long class...I also want to write more this year...and scrap more too;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed being along for the ride through a lot of these plans - the knitting especially was a lot of fun to read about! I love that you are planning to write more next year - I think you are a natural and of course I plan to be back here for every post in 2012. All the best for 2012 Jennifer

    ps- this time last year I said I was going to learn to crochet..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...