Thursday, December 1, 2011

Some Wintery Stuff

I finally have some scrapping to share!  With December here I have been having fun working with some wintery lines.

First up is this LO that I created for today's challenge at Scrap it With a Song.  The song is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" by Casting Crowns.  I decided to use the theme of goodwill to scrap these photos of my MIL with some of the woolies that she knit up to donate for charity.  This woman truly is a knitting machine!!  I love how happy she looks in these photos.


I used some kitchy papers by Echo Park.  I figured that these vibrant colours would do well with the vibrant woolies.  I also was able to use up some old Pink Paislee papers from a Valentine's collection.

Well, yesterday I finally put my knitting needles away long enough to wander on down to the basement and do some scrapping.  It felt great to cut into my new "Snow Day" papers by Pink Paislee.  First up is one of my favourite photos of my friend's little fellow.  I have scrapped this photo of two years ago for my friend's album, but this LO is for me!  I have a "Winter" album that I work on each winter.  It helps me to remember to embrace this chilly season and to recognize that there is beauty in every season.  :)


I used this sketch from Creative Scrappers.  I love it when Kristine designs sketches!!


Once I had these fun papers in front of me, I remembered a photo that I took a couple of years ago of an old barn on a frosty morning.  I never really could figure out what papers to use to scrap it.  Suddenly, the answer was looking me in the face.  Love it when that happens!  After some digging through my old photo box, I finally found it!


I used this sketch from Sketch Inspiration.


Next up on the scrappy list will be to cut into my Nordic Holiday papers by BG.  There is an amazingly cute snowman paper in the collection that I adore!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

12 comments:

  1. I was feeling festive before I arrived here - but now I think I'm ready for the Big Day itself! Such beautiful, fresh looking winter pages.

    And - wow - what a wonderful charity contribution that knitting is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen what precious and also so sweet creations my friend.My fav is the one with the barn Photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your layouts are amazing! Love the colors and detail in every one of them.
    Be sure to enter the weekly challenge over at She's A Sassy Lady, you could win a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so so great!!! PERFECT papers found for each page. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jen for your comment and for the Lily Bee sketch update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A winter album - what an awesome idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you ԁеsirе to obtaіn a greаt deal from this piece of
    writing then you have to apply ѕuch methоds to your won web site.


    Take a lоοκ аt mу sіte:
    H�Moriden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Itѕ not my first tіme to pау a vіsіt thіs site, i am visitіng this wеb page dailly
    and get good information from heгe еѵeryday.


    Also νisit mу webpagе: chatroulette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! This is κind οf off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it tοugh to set up your οwn blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about setting
    up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thanks

    Feel free to visit my web site: www.xfire.Com

    ReplyDelete
  10. constantly і used to read smaller сοntent which
    aѕ well clear theіr motive, and that is also happening with this post which I am reаding here.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog; Hämorrhoiden

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whаt's up mates, its wonderful article regarding teachingand fully explained, keep it up all the time.

    Feel free to visit my web page ... verdopple-deine-dates.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Usеful information. Luсkу me I fоund your
    web ѕitе acсidеntаllу, anԁ ӏ am surprised
    ωhу thіs coіncidencе diԁ not happenеd in advancе!
    I bookmarκed it.

    My site; Emorroidi Alimentazione

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...