Sunday, February 5, 2012

CSI Colour Challenges #4 & #5

I am really loving these colour challenges at CSI.  I look forward to the palette revealed each Friday evening.  I think it is terrific that Debbi gives us 9 days to get the challenge done.  Having two weekends to work on a challenge is great.  I imagine it is much needed for busy moms and scrappers who work outside the home.

Here is the challenge #4.

My take!


Evidence:  frames, stripes, rhinestones and the glazed brads count as my shiny object.

Testimony:  My journaling is a reflection and I also journaled in a frame.

I used this sketch designed by Natalie Roy.


Next Up is challenge #5.


For me this palette cried out for Jillibean Soup.  I was happy to go through many lines and mix and match papers that worked.


Evidence:  frame, use of starburst punch, and my border made from small elements.

Testimony:  I journaled in "bits & pieces" telling things about the heritage park that are not evident in the photograph.

I used this sketch designed by Ashley Horton.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

8 comments:

  1. Um... Where are all the teams? Seriously. You should apply more! Have you seen your pages? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts-I love your take on these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both great. I love both color palettes. Yes! That 2nd one does scream Jillibean Soup products. I have become more of a home body than I have ever been. I have always wanted to hop across the border to see Ft. Williams, I think it is?? Just over the border from MN following the highway along Lake Superior. Couldn't convince Greg in past years when all you needed was a driver's license. Now that we need a passport, I don't know that we ever will. I love seeing things like this... remnants from the past. There is an Amish town in So. MN, Lanesboro. I want to go back down and get photos. I went down before I was really into scrapbooking. It would be fun to document.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages but I especially LOVVVVE the first one. I love the originality of the photo sitting off the edge of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m totally agree with Sarah my friend,your work is fabulous.I admire your great taste and that everything is always perfectly placed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo falling off the page too - what a lovely technique that is to add an extra special touch to a beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness....these are so pretty. I will have to go and check out CSI and Debbi Tehrani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, Jen! I especially love the way you included the B&W "still-life" photo in the first one - it's the perfect choice for the off-the-edge-of-the-page layout! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...