Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Been a Bad Week

Just wanted to do a short post explaining why I have been MIA lately.  My father-in law passed away last Thursday in the early morning.  He was an amazing man who I loved dearly and I always knew that his loss would be a hard one.  He lived to 86.5 years and had not had much quality of life for quite some time. We feel calm that he is finally at peace now.

Then, on Thursday evening my mother suffered a massive stroke.  She was brought to the hospital in a short enough time to allow them to administer a drug to help break up the clot.  There has been some good improvement and we are hopeful that she will walk again and be able to go home at some point.  She will go to a rehabilitation facility for a number of weeks.

Thank goodness that Susan now lives in Alberta.  I don't know how Robert and I would have been able to manage these events happening in such a short period of time.

My body decided that I need a rest and I started getting sick yesterday.  Just a bug with a fever.  I'll be ready for action again within a couple of days.

I have been peeking into some of your blogs here and there but don't have much energy to leave you all a comment.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

14 comments:

  1. Don't you worry a bit about leaving comments. it is time for us to shower you with comments of concern and condolances.
    Hope you are feeling better soon and hugs for the difficult times you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, I am so so sorry!!!! I know it isn't easy losing a loved one. Sending you and your family lots of hugs!!! I am glad Susan is there, so you don't have to deal with all of this on your own too. Sending positive thoughts that your Mom will be ok. Take care of yourself. {{{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Jennifer...I hope you get to feeling better soon, and big hugs and condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big big HUG!!! for you my lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Jen! What an awful week. Condolences on the loss of your FIL and wishing your Mom a speedy recovery. Things can only get better, right!??!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your sad news, Jennifer. It is so hard losing a family member. I was just thinking about my grandfather earlier today, who passed away two years ago. I hope your mom makes a full and speedy recovery and I hope you get over your sickness soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, once you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very very sorry to hear of your loss and what you have been through over the past few days. Love and best wishes coming to you from across the ocean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrible week - no wonder you're under the weather yourself. So sorry to hear of your loss and of your Mum's illness - hoping she is on the mend soon and you are feeling better Hx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, I have followed your blog for quite some time and feel like I know you, so I was very saddened to hear about your father-in-law and your mother.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Lynne from Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear about your Father-In-Law and your mom! I hope your mom is doing better! Which hospital is she in? My Dad is in the Royal Alex. Take care!

    Natalie from Scrapbook Memories & More :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending a big hug all the way from South Africa. It is amazing how we can become sick after losing somebody going through a shock like you did with your mom. I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers Jennifer...take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Jen, I am so sorry for the tragedies you've experienced. Either of those would be overwhelming, but both so close together is unimaginable. It is so fortunate that Susan is there so that you can both support each other through this. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss, Jennifer. My thoughts are with you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh ! huge , huge hugs coming yr way , hun !!!! so sorry to hear of your loss. & praying for your mom's recovery ! Im so glad too for you , Susan , is now so much closer . Dont you worry about us here in the blogging world while you take care of the needful ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...