Friday, March 23, 2012

CSI Case #12

Here's the newest case up at CSI.

I love these shades of green and monochromatic palette.  I decided to scrap this self-portrait that I took for the February photo challenge.  It's me with my head in the clouds.  Not such a long stretch from the truth some days.... scrappy clouds that is.  ;)


Evidence:  flowers, clouds, silhouette design on glazed brad

Testimony:  journey of who I am this year, something unexpected to hold my journaling is cross stitches ( okay so it is not so unexpected for me.  lol)  and carried away with my journaling in that I put a lot of information down.

I have to say that I felt a bit out of my element with this LO.  I bought these Prima flowers specifically for this assignment.  What is it about Prima flowers that totally throws me off?  Some scrappers could not imagine a LO without them.  I always find it hard to balance other embellishments with them.  I was busy trying to smoosh them down too because they stand so high.  What would the avid Prima flower users say about that?  "No more Prima flowers for you!"

About those clouds.....  I have to thank Susan for the use of her cloud punches once again.  Susan spent a fortune on these babies with the shipping to Canada.  They have spent more time on my desk than on hers!  They are now safely back where they belong and I promise not to ask to borrow them for quite some time.... I think.  ;)  I even used the Cuttle Bug to emboss these little gems!

I stamped the "@47" with these amazing stamps from Graphic 45.

Here is the Page Maps sketch I used.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

11 comments:

  1. I love everything you did! I have a hard time with the Prima flowers too and also try and smoosh them down. They are just too fat. LOL I love the color palette and the ticket border strip. I hope you have a good weekend. Hi to you Mom from me if you are visiting this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! I love, love, love everything about it - even the Prima flowers, although I have to admit I would probably have a hard time dealing with the height of them too. Did you ink the swiss dots on the clouds or is that just shadow making them look darker? And speaking of borrowing things - I still have your set of chalks here - just holler if you need them back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a great layout! Lovely elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome color scheme for this week's challenge and I love the way you used it, Jennifer!! Your title is too, too cute and I love the wood-grain alphas for the word "me"!! Really great take on the PageMaps sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey hey ole friend!

    Gosh I never quite realized you're not into cooking,grill!love the layout and the journalling! Go , scrappy you!

    I don't have as many pics as I'd like to scrap with hence the dearth of layouts frm me.that's also helped me control my stash spending - I think I didn't even step into the LSS' this past mth! Woohoo! Stash is just way out of control for me too.I'm still happy with card making and as you might know that uses so little paper etc.in fact stamps & dies will be major temptations for me going forward! Real life here couldn't be better- life is better now than one year ago and a 360 degrees change ! Amazing what a little stepping out of the house can do for one's life when we are open to new possibilities!couldn't be happier rite now!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful colour combination for a really lovely page. You have inspired me to do another "round up" of things about me layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - I love this LO so much - just beautiful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is gorgeous! This color combo is so lovely, and you used it so well. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. teehee I know what you mean about the cloud punch.....Love how you have layered them all and that photo looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Jennifer! Great pic of you and I love the colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an awesome job with those flowers, and I LOVE the clouds! This layout is great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...