Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good Morning Jack

It is funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most.  Lately,  I open up my bedroom blind each morning in anticipation.  More days than not,  this is what I see.


This jack rabbit sits against my neighbour's wall for hours most days.  There is an indentation in the rocks that mark his spot.


Now I don't think he is the Easter Bunny because he is not sporting a sparkly patchwork vest in a pastel palette.  ;)

His white winter coat didn't hide him too well this winter, as we had very little snow.  He will turn a brownish colour very soon to blend into our summer foliage.

Did you know that these rabbits are solitary creatures?  When you see a group of them together, it means it is mating time.

Well, that's today's random fact and silliness!

Happy Scrapping!  Jen  :)

5 comments:

  1. So cute! We had one a while back who would sit for hours every day on the grassy part in the middle of the parking lot. He'd also made a little indentation in the ground where he sat. I'm still thrilled every time I see one of these rabbits because they're so different than the hares we had in Quebec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute....I love your little visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a bunny like that when I was up in Duluth a few years ago. He was starting to get his summer coat, as his fur was more brown (but still had some white in him). The kids and I sat and watched him for quite a while before he hopped off. We have rabbits here... last year was the first since we moved here. I see them more in the winter, mainly due to their tracks and trail of droppings around my very eaten down bushes (they ate them down to nothing). My cat spots them when sitting in the window and goes berserk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two magpies who appear every morning at the same time. i'd miss them if they disappeared

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! What a cool little surprise each morning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...