Saturday, April 28, 2012

CSI #17

I love this week's palette at CSI!  As soon as I saw it  I knew that I wanted to look through my October Afternoon papers for the perfect mix of colours.

The colours were perfect for a nature LO so I found this photo that Rob took last spring.  This is the father goose with one of his little ones.  There was always one with Poppy and the other six were with Mama.



Evidence:  circles, sheet music, stars, leaves and map print.

Testimony:  I wrote my journaling in a circle.

I have to say that I was so excited to finally use some of my October Afternoon Sprinklers.  Anyone who follows me knows that I have some issues about splattering.  I successfully splattered on the ledger paper!  Yay me!!  I was so excited that after replacing the cap,  I looked at this tiny bottle full of amazing potential and lovingly shook the bottle one more time.  That is when I saw that liquid was dripping down the outside of the bottle.  I then noticed that it dripped onto the bottom corner of the LO.  Waahhhhh!!  Another splattering tragedy.  :(   Oh well, there are no mistakes in art.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ;)

This LO is based on a sketch from Kristine Davidson's Ebook.

I am happy to report that we have a pair of geese on our slough once again.  Apparently, geese return to the same nesting ground each year.  The neighbourhood all agree that this is the same couple from last year.  The male is very territorial and chases off any other geese that try to land on the pond.   Mama started sitting on eggs one week ago.  Once she drops all of her eggs, she will not leave the nest to eat or drink until they hatch.  Poppy is on full guard duty making sure that his family is safe.  We are all excited to see the new babies next month.   I am hoping to get photos again this year.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous colour combination! I love that blue with the fresh green..it's stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our same goose families are back too. Greg and I go walking our neighborhood each night. I don't usually bring my camera. I need to start. Each night they are flying low over the houses. It would make some great shots if I can catch the right angle. ;)

    Your page is beautiful. I love your splattering... and if you hadn't mentioned it, I don't think I would of noticed the little mishap! LOL You really do have the neatest stash of embellies! Such fun goodies on your page. So, is it worth it to buy Kristine's e-book? I am such a terrible sketch junkie. LOL

    Hope you are having a good weekend. Hope your mom is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You finally splattered! It looks great and I really like this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Jen what an adorable layout,love your design,colours and sweet embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colour combo Jennifer and I for one think the inking looks awesome, you should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so much! It's so cute and your inking is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome Jennifer...and you never mess you only create art;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Love the circle layers! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pic is super cute and you've done a fantastic job scrapping it Jennifer.
    I love the colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...