Thursday, April 26, 2012

CSI Case #16

Today I played along with this week's challenge over at CSI.  Here is the very pretty palette.

It inspired me to do my annual Valentine's LO of my sweetie.  It is becoming quite the tradition so I figured better late than never in getting it done.  I didn't even have to riffle through the studio much as the Crate "Love Story" line lends itself well to this palette.


What can be better than finding a use for one of those huge numbers from the Pink Paislee "London Market" collection, jumping on the sequin band wagon and getting some more use out of my Tim Holtz mini stapler.  Score!  I'll call this a productive scrappy adventure.

Evidence: sparkly alphas, shiny button pin and crystal brad, use of sequins, stacked paper, stacked doily flower and stacked stickers, use of musical note paper and the something sweet is my sweetie! ;)

Testimony: The title is inspired by the song 1234 by The Plain White T's. The lyric reads, "those three words" but I changed the tense to "these" because I thought it sounded better. The journaling is inspired by the song Marry Me by Train. In the lyrics it says, "I'll wear out the words I love you. This is my journaling.

"I'll wear out the words, "I love you"... but I'll tell you again how much I love you. xx"


I was trying to break out of my usual scrappy style and go for a bit of a messy look with the off set paper frame.  Feels good to do something a bit different.  I still long to do LO's with simplicity and white space but mine all come out looking well, "full".  Oh well, I guess that is just my style.

Here is the sketch I used by Lydell Quin.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

8 comments:

  1. Awww, sweet. I love that layered up stack of papers - I'm a big fan of stuff off-kilter. Yay to the sequins! Yay to the washi tape! And that sketch is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this page!!! The layering is awesome & those little stapled on sequins - what a GREAT idea!!!! Amazed & inspired by all those little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is just a stunner Jennifer, I especially love the inked edges and he sequins...SUPERB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous page Jennifer!! Love how you used the CSI challenge!! Lots of fun little bits and pieces to look at on this one! And I definitely know what you mean. If I start off a page and think...I'm going to leave this one simple and have white space on it...but everything just seems to grow everywhere and by the time I'm done, there is no white space to be seen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! Lot of great layers! I like that they are tilted. You have so many great bits and pieces on here. I love the sequins and doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is gorgeous Jennifer! Love the title and all the layers look great.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very lovely this is! I love the black and white photo with those colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely and I love how well a male layout looks in pink.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...