Thursday, April 19, 2012

Eclectic Finds

Lately I have been trying to find embellishments for my LO's that are original.  I sometimes find that my LO's look quite generic.  That is partly due to the fact that I usually scrap in manufacturer lines.  I hate it when my creations look just like everyone else's who bought the line.  Here are a few things I have collected in hopes of looking a bit more original.

Lucky, my LSS often stocks some amazingly original items.

This is a roll of antique butcher tape!  Think of the possibilities.  Now I won't be licking the adhesive to stick this sucker down.  (We all remember that Seinfeld episode with Susan's untimely demise.  ;) )


This is from an old photo studio.  Not sure who this lady is but she will be showing up in one of my creations eventually.  The back of the card is equally as interesting.



Here are some goodies I found at the local fabric store.

These fancy buttons which remind me of Jenni Bowlin buttons.  But these cost about $1.  Love the fancy flower on them.


I am planning on jumping on the sequin band wagon.  I love this amazing shade of grey.  Cost me $1!!


Lately, I always look carefully at packaging before recycling it.

This came in a lipstick from Benefit.  Love this retro girlie!


This is a perfume sample that came in a magazine.  I love the vintage design of it.  I am hesitant to use the part that actually has the perfume in it but will cut it up and tuck it under something.  Love the fancy edging on it too!


Love the teal colour in this business card found at my favourite yarn shop.  This would look awesome on a LO about knitting!


With the envelope craze in full swing I found these!

A library envelope and card pulled out if the back of an old discarded library book.  The perfect hidden journaling opp!  This cute little envelope that held an extra button on a piece of clothing I bought.



This Earl Grey tea envelope has to be put on a LO about drinking tea!  Love the wrinkly dimension it will add!


Concert goodies are always great!  A ticket stub and back stage pass.  The ticket stub may end up on a LO not related to the actual concert.


Love this colourful map from my favouite heritage park.  I could use this as part of my background or make some colourful flowers out of it!


Buttons are one of my favourite embellishments.  When I buy clothes that have extra buttons provided, I always save them in case I lose one.  I have ended up with quite a collection of neat buttons for clothes that have been passed on to charity.  Wood, corduroy. metal..... yum!


Lastly, here is my best free stuff that Diane brought me from her recent trip to Europe.  Ticket stub from the Louvre and this picturesque stub from the Eiffel Tower.  I am a happy Mama!!  I have bought some paris themed embellishments but it is so exciting to have something real.  They are even naturally distressed from traveling around in a backpack!


So I hope that I have inspired you to have a look around your place and find some awesome original finds that will make your creations a one of a kind!!  Gotta love the idea of being green and finding a new purpose for junk! A frugal way to scrap also!!

Before I go I thought I would give you a peek of my recent creative efforts.   A trip to the yarn shop last weekend has led to a knitting tangent.  Loving these teals and turquoises!



This hat looks so intricate but the wool actually knits up into this pattern!  It was so much fun to make these charity hats.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)





8 comments:

  1. I never thought to keep the little envelopes with extra buttons. I may have to do that next time. :) Love the new yarn!!! I do keep ticket stubs. I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO these look awesome Jennifer, I cant wait to see whatyou do, especially that butchers tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the knitting and I adore all your "bits and pieces" - I get excited by pages with memorabilia on them more than any other kind. I'll be looking out for their appearance

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool collection, Jen! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I like to save packaging too, though I'm not sure about the acid quality of them. I've saved a tea package too - the Tazo ones have cool names! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a good eye. I especially went weak in the knees over those flower buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of little bits and bobs Jennifer! Love the knitting too.
    Hope you are having a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection! I will be looking for it on your upcoming layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...