Thursday, April 5, 2012

Springtime Greetings

We have been so lucky here in Alberta.  We had a terrific winter.  Actually, we really didn't have much winter at all and we appreciated it every day.  Many of us asked, "Where was winter this year?"  Well,  we know where it is today..... right here!!  Winter has finally arrived!!  It makes me chuckle that many of my "snowbird" neighbours are arriving back home to this.  Oh, they tried to escape it!  hee hee




On a positive note, many of the kids are home from school today with bussing being an issue.  It is a warm day and the snow is prime for snowball fights, snowman making and fort construction.  We rarely get the good heavy snow.  If the blowing snow stops, hopefully some of the kids can get out for a fun day of winter.  They really didn't get much snow to play with this year.



And.... here is poor Jack.


 Now he needs his white winter coat back.  ;)  He looks kind of miserable, mind you, that is the look he always has.  I guess I am personalizing him like I do my dogs.  Good thing I left him out a good juicy carrot last night.  Not sure he has even discovered it under the snow.

Wishing you all a wonderful day filled with blooming flowers, sidewalk chalk or even some fun puddle jumping!  I'm off to put on a sweater and make some hot chocolate! (I joke.)  Happy Spring and....

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!!! April Fool's (a few days late), Winter says! LOL Those early spring snows suck to shovel, because they are so full of water and heavy! It is 53 degrees here... what is that - like 10-12C?? Anyway, our predicted high today is 61. The sun is shining, birds chirping. Poor jack looks a little disgusted with the snow. LOL Hopefully, he found his carrot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Jennifer!! We never see anything like that, down here in the South. And poor little bunny...he looks frozen! I can't wait to get my package!! Thanks for sending it out today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos Jennifer. I am so thankful that it never gets that cold in our neck of the woods...in fact 14 degrees Celcius is arctic to us. Poor little bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ........STUNNING photos....we are in our second month of Autumm(Fall) and we are still swimming and wearing Summer clothes...amazing how opposite things can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring weather here in WV! The photos there in Alberta are very pretty, especially Jack the rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these pics - I was hoping for one good snow this year but no such luck!! Glad to hear you were able to find a place for your mother close to home :) I too understand the lack of scrappy mojo these days, but I have been pinning a mess of stuff on Pinterest & hopefully one day soon I will be up to getting back into my room & creating :) Enjoy the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, these are amazing photos, Jennifer! can't wait to see these on some scrapbook pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I'm so glad it's gone now!! You got some great photos, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...