Friday, May 4, 2012

Interesting Finds

I'm still stuck in the knitting vortex!  Still working on my hats for charity and making good progress.  Our somewhat chilly and overcast weather may be contributing to this current tangent.

I was so excited last weekend to finally find a knitting bowl at a yarn shop in downtown Edmonton.  It was Rob who spotted them on the shelf behind the cash.  I think the employee was quite surprised that he knew what they were.  Poor Rob.  His life has been invaded by my crafty world.


It seems like a silly and unnecessary knitting item at first glance but it is totally amazing.  All knitters know that the most annoying thing is when you are knitting away and your ball of wool keeps getting away from you and falling onto the floor.  This bowl prevents that.  I place the bowl on the floor next to me and my wool just pulls out with ease!  I never knew that these existed until Susan pointed them out to me on someone's knitting blog.  The next challenge was to find one.  This one was made by a potter in Alberta.  I love the look of it!  It is beautiful enough to just have sitting out as a decoration.

I also wanted to share this amazing little journal.  Christine Middlecamp blogged about it recently.  Susan ordered one for each of us off of Amazon!  What a wonderful gift.  Thanks Susan.  :)


It is such a terrific idea.  Each day there is a question to answer.  There are 5 spots to reply in and so you answer the same question for 5 years running.  It will be really fun to look back and see how the responses change over the years. 


This journal is also helping me to achieve one of my goals this year, which is to write each day.  I started off strong in the new year but eventually my interest dwindled.  I think that my own writing was basically boring me.  I realized that I do write every day.  It may not be in a journal but between blogging and emails,  I'm writing.  The prompts take the boring out of writing!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend with hopefully some time to create!  I am awaiting tonight's reveal at CSI.  It is always fun to be surprised with a new palette!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

3 comments:

  1. Thast knitting bowl is incredible. I am not a knotter but can see the beauty and the usefullness of it! The journal is fab...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee what a great story, I love that- my hubby has no idea about any of my crafty stuff LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I've never heard of a knitting bowl, but that's such a clever little accessory for your hobby! :) And it's pretty to boot! Second, I'm off to check out that journal! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...