Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rosie and Mo

Two more LO's to share using BG "What's Up?".  The collection has been depleted into a pile of tiny scraps.  So sad.  ;)  I really loved this collection.  Must be the purple in it.

First up is the amazing Mo.  I never get tired of scrapping this beautiful cat, the basement dweller.


I used this week's sketch at Sketch Inspiration designed by Liz Chidester.


For the next LO I decided to use an 8.5x11 canvas.  It is always fun to go back to the size that I began scrapping many years ago.  Meet Rosie,  Lisa's favourite childhood teddy bear.  She was a gift from Grandma Shaw when Lisa was 5 months old.  Lisa named her Rosie because back in the day she had rosy cheeks.  Rosie went along to evening hospital visits for ear infections and the teddy bear's picnic day at Kindergarten.  She also made appearances for show and tell day.  Despite our last dog, Toby, trying to chew her nose off,  Rosie remained a favourite.  Months ago while at Lisa's apartment, I spotted Rosie sitting in Lisa's bedroom. It made me chuckle to see her still around after 22 years.  I can tell you that her cheeks are no longer rosy.  ;)    I decided that a photograph and documentation was in order.  I have hidden journaling behind the photo with the details of Rosie's importance in Lisa's life.


I decided to play with negative space for this LO.  After stamping the circular image to the left of the photo, I punched out circles and backed it with a busy and colourful paper.  I seem to be using doilies. shipping tags and washi tape, as of late.  Influence from viewing Marcy Penner's blog!   They are terrific for layering.

That's all for now.  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)


8 comments:

  1. Great pages! I love the negative space work you did. Guess your mojo's back, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such great pages! I love the colors and designs. I am glad you found some scrappy time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of them!
    That cat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! The colour combo is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both pages, especially the "basement dweller"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both layouts are fabulous Jen!!! I received this collection last Friday and I can´t wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both layouts are awesome and I love the story of Rosie. I always find working with BG difficult, yet you make it looks so easy. Well done Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of scrapping a favourite toy! My mom still has my teddy bears - she can't bear to part with the - so maybe LO would be the ticket! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...