Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Work in Progress

Today I decided to lay out all of my completed granny squares to see where I am on this adventure.  It felt so great to see them all laying out there together..... almost a cozy blanket.


I figure I am about at the half way point.  I have decided to start on lots of neutral colours now, ecru and beige.  It will help to break up some of the colour.  I wasn't sure whether to include the pink but it reminded me of the pink in that old Fall BG line, "Indian Summer".  I'm all about the random, so I think I'll keep it in.


Big news on the slough.... the little goslings hatched yesterday afternoon!  Yes, there will soon be photos of the sweeties appearing on the blog.  (Sorry to all bird "un-enthusiasts".  I just can't help myself. hee hee)

We went out for a walk today hoping for a good shot but came up empty.  Here are the proud parents but the babies are not visible here.  :(  Mama had them out for a swim this morning but I missed the shot.  Poppy is staying close by now so we rarely see him out on the water anymore.


I did manage a good shot of this sweet Robin.  I am happy to see many more songbirds in the area this season.


I'll leave you with a shot of the big guy and his pack.  Yes he dreams of having a "real dog" but has to settle for these reasonable facsimiles.  ;)


Have a great weekend and Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)




5 comments:

  1. Oh you crack me up!! Dream of having "real dogs".... LOL I haven't seen our goslings here. But there is a pond on the side of the interstate between MN and WI and there was a family out there. It made me really really nervous for them. They were getting a little too close to oncoming traffic!!! I caught in my mirror one of the parents bringing them back towards the pond. Whew! I am loving your afghan!! It looks wonderful so far. Someone made me a small pink and white one for Laura when she was a baby. I still have it, all packed away. I love robins and so does my little guy. He loves watching the birds as much as I do. He spotted a heron or crane of some sort flying over the house and we have seen a couple of bald eagles lately too. :) My finches are back, and I did enjoy listening to the cardinals when I was back in my old neighborhood (Ben went to preschool there). Miss my cardinals and chickadees.. there were lots of them around my old house when we lived there. Here.. lot of those Killdeer and red winged black birds and the darn blue birds. Bluebirds are in the doghouse with me. LOL They have made a HUGE mess of my deck and items on the deck as well as my windows, siding, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the afghan is really coming along nicely! The colours all look so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like the Basic Grey - very lovely indeed and if you are half way there, then you'll easily be finished for snuggling underneath it this autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos. I love your blanket in progress and the lovely colours that you are using. I also adore your butterfly quilt that you have on your bed. (Something that I would buy too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Do the granny squares take you long? I've thought of doing those in the summer months when it's too hot to sit under a blanket I'm crocheting...I've done that before, and I'll never do it again! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...