Thursday, June 14, 2012

Getting it Done

So I haven't posted a LO in about a month.  I can't really say that my mojo is MIA because it isn't.  I am actually feeling quite creative.  I have stored so many amazing sketches and am still constantly searching this community of ours for inspiration.  So what is the problem?  It is summer!  The sun is shining and the birds are singing and the skies are blue and the flowers are in bloom!   I just have a hard time sitting down in my basement studio on days like this!  It isn't as if the days are not long enough.  The sun isn't going down until well after 10 PM.

 Today I finally got back to finishing a LO that has been sitting half done on my desk forever.  I used the new American Craft Amy Tan line.  I love the bright colours as well as some of the water colour effects in this line.


I really wanted to document the subject of my aging.  As much as I plan on aging with dignity I have to say that the daily routine is getting to be somewhat more of a challenge these days.  A 10 times magnifying mirror is in order and then there is dealing with saggy eyelids and grey roots!  I refuse to be one of those senior ladies with poorly applied eyeliner and lipstick extending to their ear lobes!  ;)  I will go all natural before that!  hee hee

I used no sketch for this one but had in the back of my mind that I wanted a bit of a Marcy Penner vibe as far as the top and bottom borders and photo placement.

I'll leave you with a peek at some of my blooms and a photo showing my love of colour.


Hope to be back sooner than later with a new LO to share!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, I can completely relate to the gray hair. I finally got brave and colored mine. I have never colored my hair before. Most of the grays are gone!! I just had her put in some highlights. I was beginning to look like a skunk with this big section of gray. LOL I love the page and the bright colors. Pretty flowers and great shot of the colored pencils!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a new layout, Jennifer!! Love how you used the Amy Tan on this and what a great photo to document! I am only 37, but with these 3 kids running around, sometimes I feel like I am 87!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to scrap Jen!!! Love your layout and your photos!!! I totally understand you!!!
    Something similar is happening to me but for other reason I´m knitting!!! I just finished a sweater!!! I´ll post it tomorrow and I´m working on 3 more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout!!! Awesome colour and a great meaningful subject!!! Love the coloured pencil photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fresh looking page - it does a beautiful job of backing up your story about the brave fight to keep on looking fresh too! Strikes a chord here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I've been hanging out for a new layout share from you Jennifer! It was worth the wait... your layout is gorgeous! I can totally relate to what you are saying about the routine getting harder. Lol! Great idea to document it.
    Hope you have a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann

    Hi Jen! Love your comment about old age. Needing to cover up the flaws.
    To me you are beautiful and always will be. I love your colorful blooms
    and especially the plant holders the one I believe is a chair.

    annsalert@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page! It's great to document the everyday stuff. It'll remind our kids later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page and flowers ! Have a nice day. Manue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...