Monday, June 18, 2012

Mapping Happiness

When Christine Middlecamp announced a new summer tutorial,  I was so excited to play along!   The basic theme of the project is to create a tag each week documenting a happy moment.  These tags are then displayed in an open frame,  pinned to ribbons which extend the width of the frame.  A beautiful display!  I really have no place to display such a frame, so I have decided to keep my tags in a special box.  I have to admit that I have always been attracted to decorative boxes in every size and love the idea of stashing things away in an organized manner.

I picked up this happy yellow box at Michael's for about $2.  I made a label for it and lined the inside of the box with map patterned paper to enhance the theme.



Today I created my first tag.  I have decided to follow Christine's design quite closely, as I love everything she creates.  I have tried to use items in my stash that resemble some of the elements instead of trying to duplicate each element.


No surprise that one of the first things documented is geese.  What can I say, I'm predictable.  ;)  I am planning on documenting a more generalized list of things that make me happy instead of specific happy moments from this summer.  I have documented the details on the back of the tag.  Nothing fancy just a quick scribble.


The next tag will be revealed by Christine on Thursday and then the instructions will be posted on Christine's blog on Friday.  I am excited already.

This weekend we visited the resting place of my father-in-law, George.  The cemetery is very beautiful at this time of year.  We spotted a family of geese.  These goslings were teenagers!  It is apparent that they have been fed by humans.  As soon as they saw us, they all came swimming over and approached us.  We later saw a sign telling visitors that there is food at the main office which can be picked up to feed the geese and ducks.  Here are the photos taken with Rob's phone.  We plan on going back with our cameras.




Our little slough is now home to a new set of baby ducklings!  We saw them up close yesterday and they are so cute!  There are 8 in total.



I'll leave you with a few more images captured by Rob this past weekend.





Hope you are all enjoying being creative!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the tag Jennifer! What a great idea... can't wait to see the next one. :)
    Your photos are always so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that tag is great! I love how you were able to duplicate the butterfly. Those teenage geese are so funny-looking! LOL I've never seen one at that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful thing to document Jennifer I love the idea of this whole concept!!! thanks fo r sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nature pictures and a gorgeous tag. I'm hoping to join in on this project too if I get a chance - your box and its lovely map paper have inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Jen!!! I love the tag as well!! I came home yesterday, after being gone for a week to my family of geese--- the goslings looking all grown up! They were starting to get their adult feathers/color when we left. Now, they have lost all of their baby down and have all the adult feathers/coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...