Monday, July 9, 2012

Bargain Bin Collision

It was a happy accident and no one was hurt.  I took a morning trip down to my local LSS to kill some time.  We had a viewing of our condo this morning at 9 am and it was already 28 C at this point.  I needed a cool place to hide.  I spent some time meticulously picking through the paper sale bin.  There is always great finds, especially when stores are making room for new releases coming from Summer CHA.  When I got home,  I fanned the paper out to look at it.  This combination caught my eye and I was instantly inspired!


 A lovely mix of Sassafras and BG.  I put my planned LO on hold and went to search for the perfect sketch to highlight that very colourful Sassafras sheet.  I have always loved this design and had it in my mind as of late.  The Studio Calico collection, "Abroad" which is designed by Sassafras has a sheet with this exact pattern but in a more subdued tone.  A quick scan through the stash  produced a lovely collection of embellishments.  Here is the LO.


Diane and Eric in Paris deserved a colourful palette and sparkly alphas.  ;)

Here is the sketch I used from Stuck? Sketches!


Hmm  What to do next?  It won't be cool enough to walk pups until late this evening.  I may just have to dream of my next LO.  :)

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

6 comments:

  1. So bright and happy looking...great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love those happy accidents when you find things that go so well. :) It is a really fun page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is great. I love all those bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an interesting mix of papers - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer I think I tell you everytime I visit how much I love your combos of pattern papers you really are the queen of this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...