Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ruffles

Yesterday was one of those days when I was feeling creative and yet couldn't really settle into a project.    When I find myself like this it usually means that I am looking to start a new project.  This idea usually takes me to Michael's.  So off I went to look around and try to be inspired.  While admiring the many new yarns in the wool aisle, a lady showed me a ball of mint green fancy wool and asked me if I liked the colour for a scarf.  She showed me how this amazing wool knits into a ruffled texture and suggested that I check out the web site for instructions.  There I had my new project!

These are the colours I picked up.  The autumn palette is for Diane and the vibrant blue is, of course, for Lisa.  Notice how the yarn stretches apart to reveal a netted effect.


The pattern only uses 6 stitches and so it is a very quick project.  You knit into the top netting and then the rest of the netting cascades down to create the ruffled look.  Diane's was done by early evening and Lisa's was almost completed by bedtime.


Now I have the urge to run back to Michael's to look for more of this fun yarn.  Do I dare tempt myself with the possible entrapment into the knitting vortex?  ;)

Yesterday's restless mood also landed me at my LSS with a new designer challenge going on at the store.  More on that to come later.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

5 comments:

  1. I am sure you will get into another one of your knitting vortex's. :) It's not a bad thing. I love the scarf!! Very fun! It is so different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow Jen this is fabulous girl!!! I just came from Argentina and I bought looots of mohair yarns!!! yes I´ll show it on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...It is an eye catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'd love a go at one (or two) of these - they'd make fantatsic CHristmas gifts. Thanks for sharing yours - they look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that scarf! I think I need to ask my Mom to make me one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...