Sunday, August 12, 2012

I've Been Thrifting

I have a new love for finding treasure.  It all started months ago when Rob and I visited an antique mall in Edmonton.  It is such a fun place to spend an hour or so going back in time.  There are items that remind me of my childhood like seeing a Barbie case that was the exact one that I owned as a girl.  Then there was finding Miss Piggy.  Not sure what happened to my old Miss Piggy puppet.  The one at the market was in very rough shape and had been given a home haircut.  :(  Sometimes I see kitchenware that brings me back to the 60's and 70's.  My main reason for going is to search for milk glass.  I am acquiring quite the collection of these lovely white pieces in a variety of shapes and sizes.  I plan on displaying them together once we move into the new house.  (I'll try to remember to do a post on them.)

We have a terrific thrift store in Sherwood Park.  It is called The County's Clothes-Line.  We have been frequenting the back donation entrance quite often as we go through the house packing.  I love that we never have to throw anything in the landfill.  There is always someone who can find a use for an item that we no longer need or use.  I also love to frequent the front door.  You just never know what you might find.

Here is what I came upon on my last visit.  Score!


A quality novel for $0.50.  I love that books have a life of their own.  One person buys and reads it and then it is just passed along.  Susan and I will both read this book and then I will donate it back to be resold.  Three balls of cotton yarn for knitting dishcloths.  I haven't been able to find this brand for years.  Each ball will make 2 cloths and I have already knit up one ball.  "Admit One" tickets for scrapping!!  I love finding things for my pages that are not from the LSS.

Then there is the amazing jug!


I had actually already made my purchase when I spied this on a shelf on  the way out.  It was marked at half price and cost me $5.   I have the perfect place for this once we move to the new house.  In the main bathroom, there is a built in shelf.  It will look terrific grouped with some towels and soap products.  I love the idea of finding something old and giving it a new life!  

I'd love to hear of any of your favourite thrift store finds!

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)




2 comments:

  1. Lovely jug! My favourite buy has been a vintage typewriter - though getting it to type reliably is still a hard job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jug...and can think of 101 uses for those "admit one" tickets;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...