Friday, September 21, 2012

A Colour Challenge

I love a colour challenge.  Les Papiers de Pandore posted a terrific one yesterday.  It was fun to look through many of their collections to find the perfect paper mix.


Here's Little Thomas enjoying an apple on his back deck last spring.  He looks so grown up with his short haircut.

I'm finally starting to appreciate the value of using paper that already has a printed image on it.  I no longer run away confused, I work it into the design and make the printed image original by embellishing it!



I used this sketch by Kristine Davidson.

Jen

5 comments:

  1. What a great page!!! I just love that color palette and have used it before on past pages of mine. Little Thomas is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a striking and hugely effective colour combination. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a cutie! Love your colour combo and gorgeous take on the sketch Jennifer. It's great to see you are settling in and have time to create again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page - I recognized the sketch right away. You do such good work all the time - how do you manage such wonderful consistency?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with this challenge...what a fun color combination. I love the idea of embellishing a design on paper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...