Tuesday, November 27, 2012

On Acorn Avenue

Yes I am still hanging out on "Acorn Avenue."  I love this Crate collection!  I still have quite a bit left but I think I might be shedding a few tears when it comes to an end.  ;(

I finally wrapped my head around scrapping Gus.  I do tend to leave the photos that have a sad story unscrapped.  I am trying to change this as I want my albums to document life,  not a made up fairytale.


I tried to leave my comfort zone on this one and make things a bit off and angled.  I even pinched up some corners for dimension.  I added some EP "Take Note" papers here.

Here is the sketch I used new from Creative Scrappers this week.  I am finally getting brave enough to splatter but I sure am not ready to drip!  ;)


Next up is the lovely Lady.  Love these crazy photos of her.


Here is the sketch used by Julie Bonner.


I came upon this special interest publication from Paper Crafts magazine this past weekend, while wondering around the pharmacy.


I am hoping that it inspires me to get some more use out of my Cricut.

Here's a peek into the world of dogs around here.  Maggie looking like she has lost her will to live....


and a close up of Lady as she sits on me and demands some love.


Well my laundry is calling me.  I might even dig out some Christmas decor and start writing up some cards.  Must be this Christmas music radio station that I am listening to that is having me feeling a little bit festive.  I love the oldies and classics but the newer ones tend to get on my nerves.  Yay Burl Ives!!

Jen

11 comments:

  1. Aww... I love the page of Gus. It must have been hard to use that photo. I know you miss him so much. I love the tilted papers and pic. I am going to have to try that. The one of Lady is really cute!! I love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those 2 pages are gorgeous!
    The first one is so gentle and the second one so very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pix of Gus - sure hard to loose one of our furry family members. Your design is a departure from your usual style, but I really like it. And yes, your other girls are so beautiful. I have to get going on xmas too, Carley is doing "Elf on a Shelf" for Sarina - it will be fun this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet page Jennifer, and I am sure it helps with the sad feelings being able to scrap the memory. Lovely use of the CS sketch and I love the doily peeking out at the top! Love the title and theme on your second one!! It's a very cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your page about Gus! Such a sweet photo, I know it can be hard to scrap about something that's changed in your life, but I find for me it's really therapy. It makes me remember all those happy times and all the bad ones just seem to fade away. thanks for sharing. i read your blog regularly, but I don't always leave u a comment! From a southern girl in Alabama, happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it very therapeutic to scrap sad moments. I cry buckets and then feel so much lighter, as if the burden lifted.

    Both your layouts are gorgeous. Our style is very similar and it is fun to see you experiment with angles and messy techniques.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your use of circles in that first one is awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top layout is especially beautiful - it's easy to see that adding in your details had you thinking as you worked. The love is there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These are both gorgeous Jennifer! You do pet layouts so well. Something that I always struggle with.
    Btw, I love the splatters. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Your pages are adorable! Love your style! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU FOR JOINING IN WITH US AT CREATIVE SCRAPPERS,I LOVE YOUR PAGE AND I FIND THAT DOING THE SKETCHES TAKES US OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE SOMETIMES, WHICH IS A GOOD THING, (it took me 5 sheets of paper to be happy with my drips, But ssshhh dont tell anyone)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...