Thursday, January 17, 2013

52 Avenue

Just wanted to share a LO I did for Les Papiers de Pandore.  52 Avenue is where my parent's apartment is in Wetaskiwin.  It is a beautiful spot lined with huge trees.  It holds a special meaning to me as I too lived on that same avenue many years ago.  When we first got transferred to Wetaskiwin, we rented a tiny brown "war house" styled home on 52 Ave.  It is the home that we brought newborn Lisa home to.


One Sunday while going to pick up my father to head off to the home to visit my mother, I stopped to admire the frosty tree line.  Luckily, I had my camera and decided to snap a photo to bring to show to Mom.  She was so happy to catch a glimpse of what her spot looked like on this day.


I still love doing winter LO's!  It is the one place where I break out the gems and bling.  Snowflake embellishments are always a favourite of mine over flowers.  Must be the Canadian girl in me.  ;)  This LO will be placed in my "Winter" album ~ a place that reminds me to appreciate even this chilly side of the year.

I used this sketch by Diana Fisher.

Jen

10 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely stunning page, Jennifer! The photo itself is gorgeous, but I love the way you paired it with the Blue, Black, and Silver accents of colors! And the snowflakes are a perfect touch to finish off your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty!!!!! I love all of the snow flakes with the bling. And the photo... so beautiful!!! I love the pop of teal on here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Just like you, I love winter scenes. So peaceful and quiet looking. I love the subtle tones of the papers to go with the black and white picture. The limited use of colours, and of your choice of embellishments, looks so nice and classy. A beautiful layout, for sure. TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo Jennifer! It looks like a postcard! Love the colours with the b & w pic and the pops of black. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coucou Jennifer, ta page est magnifique ! bravooooooooo, bise de Belgique

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!! Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautifully striking page. It has a haunting look to it..maybe that's a little because of the story behind it? very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...stunning layout. Your really worked this monochromatic color scheme to perfection. Your photograph is really beautiful. Love all the bling and the snow flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is stunning! I had MR black snowflakes and sold them... Now that I see them used well, I am thinking I need a few...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...