Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Cat Love" ~ Catching Up

So this year I seem to be all about the challenge.  Since I have been totally addicted to solving the CSI cases each week,  I was thinking that it would be a fun challenge to complete each case this year.  Not to mention, a great way to get excited about my existing stash of supplies. Hmmm  Not sure if I can achieve this goal.  I did start off strong last year but then went MIA from the site.  But, it is good to have goals so I will give it a go and see how well I do.  Since I didn't solve the first three cases of the year, it was time to backtrack.

Here is this year's first case.

Oh I struggled with this one.  Thought I might have to call in the FBI and RCMP for back-up!  ;)  I don't have many supplies in this colour palette.  These colours seem best when scrapped in a different style than I scrap.  My first attempt was an epic failure.  After 1.5 hours I salvaged what I could, threw the rest in the trash and left the studio.  Today I returned with an idea of keeping it very simple and minimal.  Two things that I struggle with.





So, not my usual style but it was definitely a challenge and that is a good thing.... I think.  ;)

I got a quick shot of my photography assistant, Maggie.  How cute is she?  It looks like she is holding the white board down for me.


 Hey, she wasn't even blocking the light this time and no photo bomb either!


Wishing you all a wonderful day with the ones you love!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Jen

10 comments:

  1. Oh those photos of your Maggie are so cute!!! I love your page!!! Well done!!! The color palette does look tricky. You did well with it! I think maybe I need to try and play along with some of these challenges to aid in using more supplies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color scheme and I'm wondering what the little poodle is thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, Jennifer. I love how you used a black and white photo with those tricky colours. The blocked background looks really nice, and so does that little grouping at the top. Although there is a bit of colour, the layout still has a monochromatic look. Well played. Those CSI challenges can be quite difficult to resolve.

    Maggie looks like the perfect little assistant. I love seeing pictures of her and Lady. They both are adorable. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful Jennifer! And I love that you scrapped out of your style...you really rocked it! The use of the color scheme looks really great with the White background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very soft and sweet JenniferI adore the beautiful feel you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout Jennifer! Love the soft colours and I really fancy your assistant... she's gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely a good thing :) and it's refreshing to hear someone admit that something ended up in the trash - I binned half a card yesterday. It wasn't even that I minded wasting the supplies, it was more the time I put in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are not colors I scrap with usually. I for one love what you came up with for though for this layout! Turning some pictures into black & whites is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout...and who said your style can't change over time? I love everything about it. You have such a cute assistant;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...