Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CSI #57

Another case is solved and filed!  ;)  A great palette for the month of love but it was all of the "evidence" that hooked me.

Here's Lisa and her sweetie, Steve.  Not the best photo as it was taken with her phone, but when it comes to photos of my girls I take what I can get.  They are still awful when it comes to having their photos taken.  Not a great thing for a scrapbooking addict.




I sorted through my "vintage BG" box for this one.  The creative possibilities always thrill me when I look here.  So many of the old and new lines mix and their papers are always classics.  If I was told that I had to vacate my studio forever and could only take one thing, it would be the vintage BG for sure.

Here's the sketch that I used created by Kristine Davidson.


Since I am sleuthing, I figure I will give you guys an update on the "Case of the Improperly Donated Charity Hats".  ;)  Let me start by saying thank you so much to my lovely readers for leaving me such heartfelt comments and for sharing some of your struggles.  You guys are the best and I appreciate you all.  :)

Here's the story.  The person we gave the hats to explained that she donated them to our local woman's shelter.  She says that it is them who must have brought these knits to the thrift shop.  It surprised me that the woolies were not pooled together for this organization but rather she was just individually dropping them here.  We had donated our woolies to this woman's shelter for years but stopped when they changed their policy of donating and it would mean a trip to Edmonton to donate to a central office.  It made sense that the shelter felt it unsafe to open their doors for donations.  There are families who are hiding from bad family situations and safety is the first concern.  It surprised me that she was able to drop specifically to them as that is not the policy.  It leaves me wondering if she indeed dropped them to the thrift store herself.

Regarding this year's hats donated, she said that the woman's shelter would not accept them this year and so she has them sitting at her home. {Urghhhh}  So much for our woolies keeping kids warm this year.  They don't do a lot of good sitting in a bag at her house.  :(  This detail makes me wonder if eventually these too would have made their way down to our thrift shop.  She has said that she will return them to us.  Needless to say, these new details have me even more frustrated over this but, I will feel good to at least recover this year's donation.  I'll consider the case closed when they are in my possession.  I hope we don't get the run around and find out that she has already gotten rid of them somewhere.  I'll keep you guys posted on the final outcome.

As for the woolies we recover as well as more knit items that Susan has found tucked away in her house, we will wait until next fall and personally contact one of the inner city schools in Edmonton.  We will drop them off ourselves.  The winter weather is warming up so there isn't much point in donating them now.

Wishing you all a terrific day!

Jen




1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear the rest of the hats story - even if it's still not a happy ending :( I think over here there are charities operating by post who accept gifts of hats for cancer patients: maybe that would be something to look into?

    Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...