Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Coffee Time"

So this afternoon I dusted off my forensic kit and got to working on the latest CSI case.  I missed doing the last one and it is really easy to get behind.  I am trying to crack all of the cases and so far I am behind on three.  I have piles of supplies pulled for each case.  I just have to do them!  Here's the latest!

A fun palette and who doesn't love butterflies and buttons?


So great to finally scrap this photo from last year.  I took this photo shortly after Starbucks came out with their new mellow coffee, "Blonde".   My yellow coffee maker just makes me happy!  Sadly, the matching toaster is not working too well.  Nothing is made to last anymore.  :(  I'll save that rant for another day.  ;)



I used paper from three different BG lines.  I find that I often go to BG for colour challenges.  It just seems that I can always find the colour I am looking for.  I used one of my handmade doilies from that awesome die cut that Susan and I bought together.  The alphas are ancient from an old Graphic 45 line. I think they are circa 2009.  I still love them!

The sketch is from Kristine Davidson's new eBook, Creating with Sketches Vol.2.  I am really looking forward to using many of the new sketches.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day hopefully doing something creative!  :)

Jen

7 comments:

  1. Love love this precious layout Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!!! I just love this color palette!! The design and details are wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! And you used the wallpaper from 1873! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the vintage G45 alphas + BG papers you can't go wrong! With that and a Starbucks in hand I'm in heaven!!! LOL I have to confess I've done probably 3 or 4 coffee-related layouts myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see you using your older stash.....and I have started punching circles from my scraps...thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the BG papers, I use to love BG. Maybe I'll request you use some lines I am so not sure how to use myself.

    In regards to my budget, I've recently adjusted my purchase requirements. I added the "slap it down" rule. If you use it immediately, you can purchase it! This rule has really worked for me in the past when I am frequently scrapping outside of the house. Last I cropped at Archivers, I bought dollies and put them on a layout I was working on. They added the wow factor I think it needed.

    Just because I "love" it, does not mean I need to buy it. When it fits perfect, it's so worth the money. When that $5 must have embellishment sit forever in my stash, totally not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your slap it down rule! That is a great way to make sure that you are not buying something that will just become part of the stash and not be used in the near future.

      I love a challenge, so if you would like to request that I do a LO with a specific BG line. I would love to do it. Hopefully I have the line though because I can't go out and buy it. LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...