Friday, March 22, 2013

From My Front Door....

it looks like this.


So sad.... for a spring day.   Yes, I try to embrace winter but it is springtime now and Alberta apparently never got the memo.  ;)  And why did my ancestors decide to go North?  ;)  I seriously don't know how the pioneers survived.  Can you see the sun in my photo?   (Yes, this is a morning shot with an Eastern view. )  Okay, I'll help you out.  It's that little bright patch up in the righthand corner.  LOL

Yesterday was more like your typical December day.  We had so much snow.  I was fortunate enough to get to stay inside and hide.  The snow caused havoc on the roads.  There were two serious pile ups.  One involving more than 100 vehicles.  My girls were let out of work early and I am grateful that all of my loved ones are safe.

The good news is, they are calling for spring temperatures by the end of next week.  Yay!!!  The melting will be epic.  Maybe I should be buying billy boots?

Jen

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! Don't you go sending that down here!! LOL It is sunny here today. But cold. It was 1F above when I took my boy to school. Yesterday it made it to 25F above. The sun was shining (and warm) in the afternoon. I went out after school yesterday and got rid of all the snow on the driveway and at the end that piled up from the plow. :) Streets are snow free and most of the ice gone (still patches here and there).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a snow day here today - very unexpected! School was closed and we ended up going in anyway and begging the janitor to let us in to collect books from lockers as it's the end of term and there is revision to be done over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've got some snow! At least it looks pretty:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view is so beautiful...but brrrrr...I would never survive there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is crazy! I have never seen snow in my life but I bet you'd be glad not to be seeing it right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...