Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CSI #66

Here's the latest case up at CSI.

At first the colour palette scared me a bit.  I like lots of colour and pattern so this one threw me off.  But the fun thing about colour challenges is that there is always a way to make them your own.  In this case, I decided to use kraft as my background to warm up the palette.  It also went better with my colour photo of Lady.  I was too lazy to go to Costco to get one photo developed in B&W.  ;)


I finally used the poodle motif from that older EP line, "Happy Days".  I knew eventually it would go on a Lady LO.  This is my all time favourite photos of Lady because her ears are up.  Her ears seem to sit a bit low on her head.  When she listens they rise up and she looks adorable!


Still loving messy floss!

I punched out this tiny arrow from a piece of paper from the "Midway" collection by OA.

One of the journaling prompts was to document an animal so this challenge was right up my alley.  In case you don't know this about me, I like to do LO's of my dogs.  Bwaahahaha  ;)

I used this fun layered sketch from Stuck?Sketches!


Jen

7 comments:

  1. Lots of fun elements but the highlight is the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Kraft for your background Jennifer!! It gives that color scheme a little pop! And I really love the little touch of vintage embellishment you added to your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you found the perfect way to make this palette work..a superb picture choice! As always, the details keep drawing me back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best photo ever of my favourite little dog! The layout is pretty nice too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really put a lot of cheer into this color scheme. The photo of Lady is perfect. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I'm always a sucker for classic colour schemes like this too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Lady is just so cute Jennifer! Love your colour combo here. Great page! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...