Friday, April 5, 2013

Inspired

One of the things that I love most about our scrappy world is that we get to share ideas.  I love surfing the net and admiring all of the talent out there and then giving a few of the ideas a go!

This LO reflects some recent inspiration.  When I saw this LO by Kelly Noel, I knew that I wanted to scraplift it.  I am always in awe of Kelly's simple linear style.  Her LO's are always stunning!  So the design of my LO is based on Kelly's design.


I pulled out MME "Nostalgia" for this one!  I love the muted tones and vintage vibe in this line.  You may spy some little wooden accents that are new out this season.  Well, lucky for me, Susan loves wooden embellishments and whenever she picks some up, she gives me a taste of them.  Yay to a touch of this year's style!  Thank you Susan.  :)

I tried a few new embellishment ideas that I have seen other scrappers doing as of late.

Love the look of a negative space piece on these top banners that are all the rage!  It is so easy to just punch out a few shapes in a row and then let the bottom layer show through.  Instant depth!


I love floss, thread and yarn, so I have always wanted to try one of these little messy thread embellishments.  I never really knew how people made them until someone out there showed a photo of it.  You just wrap thread or floss around a couple of your fingers and then slip it off and mush it into a little messy nest.  Pop a glue dot under the corner of your photo or paper and stick the mess down.  LOVE it!


I spied one LO where a designer had stamped a bit of a text pattern on some of the edges of her photo.  What a great way to add a little detail to a photo! Stazon ink makes photo stamping so easy.


I wish I could be one of the people who dreams up these brilliant and creative ideas.  So far nothing earth shattering has struck me so I will just be content to watch the trends that other's come up with and thank them all truly for their inspiration and willingness to share with the rest of us!

I'll leave you with a few more close-ups.



Jen

5 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful...I love your layering and I love the idea of using stamping on the photo. I don't try anything earth shattering either...but I love your style...maybe because we have a somewhat similar style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout! Love the muted colors and all the cards tucked behind the photo at the top! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the MME on this page Jennifer and all of the layered goodies above your photo look really cute! I always love the layering and dimension you add to your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on wishing I could come up with some of these cool ideas. I've seen a few lately I love too. Confetti in bags or velum, or using a border punch just once on the edge of the paper and lastly using bakers twine around something then just stapling the long end after looping just floating on the layout. Hope these descriptions make sense. Have you tried any of these??? They can all be used to update old supplies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...