Friday, May 17, 2013

About Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day has come and gone.  This one was quite different for me.  I actually managed to get a photo of me and the girls together for the first time in 5 years!  Some of you may remember this LO from 2010.  Well the drama continued and 2011 did not yield me that much dreamed of photo.  2011 held a trip to the emergency room with severe intestinal pain.  Thankfully it was nothing serious.  Then in 2012 Lisa had to attend a bachelorette party in Las Vegas.  I was nervous for her to go as Mother's Day usually means a medical emergency for Lisa or at least a sickness.  She was fine so I hoped that the spell was broken and I might actually get that photo in 2013.  Yay!!!  I got it.  Rob photographed it as soon as Lisa came in for fear that some emergency was lurking around the corner.  LOL

This week's case at CSI gave me the perfect reason to document this story.  Documenting "5 things" had me thinking of the five years that I waited.  Here's the case.

I used a blurry photo of Lisa taken last Christmas.  I wanted to add to the theme of it being hard to get that capture.





I used a sketch by Kristine Davidson from her second eBook.  Love these sketches!

And here is that photo!  I think it may be showing up on a LO sometime soon.

Jen

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got the photo this year Jennifer, and it turned out great!! :) Your layout is perfect for the Case File, and I love the fun flower embellishment you created on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and really nice photo of the 3 of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very lovely! We always tease my daughter about being sick on Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the eclectic mix of goodies you've used on your layout. Gorgeous.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got the elusive capture at last. Love the layout, awesome colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...