Sunday, May 26, 2013

"LOL" & A Broken Wing

Just popping in to share the latest case at CSI.

It was the perfect palette to share this photo of Rob and I with comedian,  Jeremy Hotz.  We saw him last March for the second time.  He is Canadian born but now resides in the USA.  He is such a funny man and we were thrilled to be able to meet him and thank him for a great show.





In other not so scrappy news,  the scrapping has come to a screeching halt as I am presently nursing a broken wing.  :(  Well... not exactly broken but rather a dislocated elbow.  I apparently do not have the cat like agility that I think I possess.  While washing windows last Sunday,  I attempted to just hop up on a bench in order to reach the high window.  I didn't gather enough momentum and came crashing down on my side.  {Note to self:  You are not a cat.}  So the elbow has been relocated and was thankfully done while I was asleep.  Just a tiny bone chip and a soft tissue injury.  I am in a splint awaiting muscles to heel and tighten so the elbow will not displace again.   Hopefully when I see the bone doctor in 2 weeks,  he will set me free.

I am going through major craft withdraw and realize that I am not too good at sitting around doing nothing.  It is amazing just how many things you really need two hands for.  I don't want to drive with only one hand.   Rob has been on domestic duty and I am spending some time reading.  The pups are loving sofa time with me.  I'm boooooored!!! {insert whiny 5 year old voice here}

I welcome any one handed crafting ideas.  I wonder if I could knit with a knitting loom?  Maybe I should try a LO done with one hand?  It could feature ripping and be very askew.  It may just have an artsy feel to it.  ;)

Jen


6 comments:

  1. Oh no I hope your arm is better soon ... What a nightmare for you ... I adore this layout btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! You could use this time to look for ideas on the computer... or organize photos, learn new photo shop techniques... :) Love your layout, once again!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you heal soon! That must have been a bit of a shock, to say the least.

    gorgeous colour combination which of course you have worked beautifully. I hope you can get back to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely color palette for your layout. I love the little dots and brads.

    Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend. I can imagine how bored you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this Jennifer!! You did such an amazing mixing these colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun page Jennifer. Sorry to hear about your "wing". Hope you are back to full scrap capability soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...