Monday, June 10, 2013

Freedom & Rose Coloured Glasses

I have been set free!  The yucky splint was carted off to the garbage can.  :)  I have two wings again.... sort of.  Here's how it went down.

Last night I had a hard time sleeping.  I was giddy with the excitement of hopefully getting back to putting my house in order, scrapping, knitting, walking the pups solo and driving.  I must see things through rose coloured glasses.



Like when I thought that I would likely only be in the splint for a couple of days.  Susan googled the topic and let me know that it would be weeks.  So in my mind, I figured that I'd be fine once I got the splint off.  Maybe just a bit of stiffness and not a full range of motion.  Am I delusional?  I think I just may be.  I have clearly never truly hurt muscles in my body before this.  These things take time.  Who knew?

The sling stays on for a week to 10 days.  When I asked the doctor if the elbow would come out again , he said, "It shouldn't."  I was really hoping for a guarantee.  Delusional... I think so.  ;)  Physiotherapy starts on Wednesday.  Not much movement going on with this arm yet.  And I'm left to ponder which book I should read next as there won't be any scrapping going on around here.  The big guy is still on domestic duty for a time.  He was very brave and didn't cry.  But... the good news is, I can get fully wet  in the shower now.  Goodbye plastic showering glove and Saran wrap.

Wishing you all a creative day with some scrappy time.

Jen

3 comments:

  1. wish you well, Jen here's hoping after physio that it's all healed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes coming to you for further recovery from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the splint is off...and will be thinking of you when I spend my day in my craft room tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...